Submit your suggestions for our next Idea Drive!

Game DVR Idea Drive

I suggest for the future you guys come up with a way for us to record or capture our game play offline. Longer recording times, handling recording, and other aspects of Game DVR could be improved. I have all these games that I want to make a lets play series for but I fail due to network issues and poor quality.

890 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

147 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chantelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Party chat ‘opt in’ feature to give permission for voice recording with game dvr. We use the opt in system for streaming so why not allow it in game clips? Maybe X to record that as normal and hold X to record that with party chat included if the members of the party give permission?

• Néstor Reinoso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make screenshots and folders save in separate folders by the game they come from, otherwise they are hard to browse

• Peter Phelan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to hear the people in a party talking on a game capture.

PLEASE MAKE AN UPDATE ABOUT THIS

• Stephan Roscher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Upload Studio needs better features for create better gameclips like slow motion ,fast forward and clips you can let run and record from end to begin , underlay your own music or create picture books which shows your favorite gaming screenshots,mark your friends own intro's or short game GIF's which you can share or use as video comment to customize your gaming home profile

• Clayton Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give us the option to record voice and party chat on game dvr, or maybe record the screen rather than the game (options for ignoring overlay and partychat/voice) just all together make game dvr less useless

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the way game chat voice comms are not recorded with the Game audio using the game DVR capture.

I like to upload to youtube the gaming footage, but while ps4 players can use the inbuilt recorded to record everything, the Xbox One is miles behind in that regard. Recording party chat is awful as the sound levels are dire and the sound mixing is never right.

Just allow us to record in the in gaem chat. The levels are balanced and it makes more sense to allow something that PS4 without question.

• mimim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When HDR/WCG is enabled in Windows 10, add the ability to record:
        1 - HDR games in HDR video format.
        2 - SDR games, tone-mapped (contained) in HDR video format.

OR in case the above is not possible due to limitations of hardware encoder:

1 - record HDR games, tone-mapped into SDR video format.
        2 - record SDR games as usual.
        3 - record SDR games, tone-mapped into SDR video format, if Windows tone-mapped the application into HDR in the first place (borderless/windowed).

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When using game DVR, be able to record both usb headset audio and desktop audio

• Bader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just need it because the reactions on the clips makes it waay better and it will be easier for youtube begginers, it’s just a feature that should be added from a long time

• Heather Zigli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Overwatch captures highlights of significant gaming events (5 per day). However, the system isn't always smart enough to identify which ones you want to capture. It would be fantastic if Xbox automatically captured video anytime you got an achievement (those are usually pretty awesome moments). Maybe record 30-60 seconds? You could also make this configurable (on / off, length of video, etc.).

You can record game DVR to the external drive, but it would be nice to import pre-recorded DVR to the flash drive.

If you are in a game let’s say a call of duty and in your Xbox live party your friends say something hilarious and you want to record it so when you record the last 15seconds-5mins all of the audio(game and party) will be there

• Noah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

let just say I do something cool or rare in a game and I have a funny reaction when I go back to the clip I can never hear myself and I am asking when It will be implemented when I can hear myself and the others in the party, kind of like in Ps4 lol were if you clip something you can hear the party

There needs to be a setting to choose whether or not the game DVR records chat volume in the party or in game. I have dozens of moments that are hilarious or entertaining in some way that I would like to capture but without the audio from chat it just looks pointless.

• Rair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think they should make it when your record a quick 30 second clip or long/shorter it should include your mic audio and party chat

While you do a capture that or whatever it is called you should be able to record the voice of people in your party. Because ps4 has it easy to just press a button and they have very good quality. While xbox has to buy a 150$ elgato or something related

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/