Submit your suggestions for our next Idea Drive!

Game DVR Idea Drive

I suggest for the future you guys come up with a way for us to record or capture our game play offline. Longer recording times, handling recording, and other aspects of Game DVR could be improved. I have all these games that I want to make a lets play series for but I fail due to network issues and poor quality.

768 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

138 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Heather Zigli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Overwatch captures highlights of significant gaming events (5 per day). However, the system isn't always smart enough to identify which ones you want to capture. It would be fantastic if Xbox automatically captured video anytime you got an achievement (those are usually pretty awesome moments). Maybe record 30-60 seconds? You could also make this configurable (on / off, length of video, etc.).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can record game DVR to the external drive, but it would be nice to import pre-recorded DVR to the flash drive.

If you are in a game let’s say a call of duty and in your Xbox live party your friends say something hilarious and you want to record it so when you record the last 15seconds-5mins all of the audio(game and party) will be there

• Noah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

let just say I do something cool or rare in a game and I have a funny reaction when I go back to the clip I can never hear myself and I am asking when It will be implemented when I can hear myself and the others in the party, kind of like in Ps4 lol were if you clip something you can hear the party

There needs to be a setting to choose whether or not the game DVR records chat volume in the party or in game. I have dozens of moments that are hilarious or entertaining in some way that I would like to capture but without the audio from chat it just looks pointless.

• Rair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think they should make it when your record a quick 30 second clip or long/shorter it should include your mic audio and party chat

While you do a capture that or whatever it is called you should be able to record the voice of people in your party. Because ps4 has it easy to just press a button and they have very good quality. While xbox has to buy a 150$ elgato or something related

• Curtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To me it seems so cumbersome to have to go to onedrive or smarglass to share my captured content to Facebook. If I'm on my one x managing my captures I should be able to not only share one at a time but even create a post with multiple captures ( pictures and or videos) right from the xbox one x.

• dreampage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we could capture 1080p/60 fps videos on Xbox One X. Right now the console only supports 1080p/30 fps or 4K/60 fps videos, depending on what kind of TV is connected to the system. We should have the ability to separately choose resolution AND framerate for our captures.

There are many 60 fps games on Xbox One of which we cannot capture proper videos unless a 4K TV is connected.

• Arturo Rincon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So everytime you like to clip something with your reaction, you would clip it, and not only that you've cliped it but you Also cliped/record your voice audio.

• Evan L. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the option to add party audio to clips recorded from friends in the party. It should be a box that needs to be checked in order for your audio to be included and what friends can have your audio to be included into their clips.

• nick dillhoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you take a capture clip it records game video and game audio please think about it also recording mic audio and party audio

• Legendary Friendly meme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Microsoft should find a way to make it so you can select what games can record clips for because i find it annoying that my captures always fill up because i want to plau naruto storm 4 and it auto records every match. Someone else mentioned it does this for DMC and the only current solution is to turn off your capture completely and i think it would be easier to say what games can auto record and what ones cant.

Why do a lot of games auto clip?? It is insanly frustrating. I play a lot of Devil may cry and it auto clips amytime you get I high style ranking, for someone like me I do this constantly so my xbox is constantly making clips I dont want. Please make the auto clip feature a selectible option instead of always on.

• Everett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I enjoy the ability to record game play footage straight to an external device, the inability to record in game audio is crippling. Specifically for Overwatch. When recording gameplay of Overwatch, you can hear the game, and you can see the mark noting that players are using the in game voice chat, but it's impossible to hear your own voice in the recording. Please allow for the recording of audio from a mic in conjunction with typical DVR gameplay recording.

• Nathan Borst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give us more quick buttons for game clips such as 4k for minute or lowest quality for a long time

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/