Submit your suggestions for our next Idea Drive!

An Idea Drive for New Xbox Design Lab Customization Options

I think it would be a great idea to introduce more customization options on the Design Lab, such as patterns, custom graphics, and (instead of the Scuf partnership) options for the Elite Controller, plus additional color combos for ABXY, and 2-tone, 3-tone, and 4-tone faceplates.

532 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CreeperSlayer421 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • William commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have an option to color Thumbsticks left and right, i have idea to use Oxide Red Shadow and make right thumbstick red and left black

• AXELXu7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The LED should be RGB and sync to the profile of the person signed in. And by combining it with bluetooth, Microsoft could corner the 3rd party controller market for other consoles.

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe a option for a smaller controller frame my girlfriend plays and the controller is too big so it hurts after awhile a smaller frame on the wireless controller would be great

• Elite customization commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an idea the elite controller is cool but I think you should add it to the design lab. Also make it 2.0 and ad Bluetooth and side buttons like on the scuf vantage controller. I really want a pro controller, but the elite is reaching my itch for customization

• Elite customization commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was looking for a new controller to buy for my Xbox and I decide I wanted more control so the elite controller caught my eye. The price was obviously high so I did some research I was exposed to scuff controllers I like the elite better but I wish it had customization. I was also confused why it was lacking Bluetooth. The design lab is a amazing and the shadow designs are great but it would be awesome if elite controllers were added.

• Jonathan Watt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have Metallic finishes for the triggers and directional pad, but not the bumpers? And how about going all the way with it? Provide that option for any visible part, inluding the body and the back?

• Yellow Missile commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss soooo the beautifool colores from the 360 controler on ABXY! it's for me the gratest buttendesign ever. And today all ist so same. same black same White, wen i will colores than the standart,, but the big nice colerfool Buttons fom the 360 is still not there! Whyyyyyyyyyy
        Dear Dexignlap theam. ore Microsoft, ore sxuf theam: please made a 360 omash disign for the one! I realy want to by one whif 360 ABXY! but please not in White XD Or this ABXY as designoption.

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be cool if your avatar and or gamerpic was an option to add for customization.

• Thalia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Expand "Design Labs" to include customization options for the Xbox One S and X consoles. Either via new customizable consoles OR to create custom face/side/cover plates (similar to Xbox 360 plates) or even stickers?

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be a good idea to have the option to make some of the controller out of a more durable material like metal for the bumpers, triggers, and/or the controller case.

• Ichi Yamamoto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need the center part - between the two bumpers LB/RB to stay black. That's the only thing holding me back from ordering a controller. I want to change the buttons without coloring the center.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Design lab allows customisation of the elite controller, as per the existing design lab you can customise all the same aspects on the elite controller.

I would love to be able to change the controller body colours and finish it off with my gamertag.

• mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

chrome controler options. i want a red chrome controler and i dont think you understand how much id be willing to pay for one. also if you could make a controler that doesnt ever succumb to stick drift, that would be greeeeat

how about see-through and smoke (semi-see-through) controllers? Why not sony has them for playstation

I had an idea for my boyfriends birthday gift, to customize a controller by putting a picture of us on the controller. I saw this idea on Pinterest, but after talking to one of the Assistants, they informed me that this option was not available but i should write it in this idea box. My boyfriends birthday is next month. Hopefully this option could be available soon. i believe many people would like this idea

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/