Submit your suggestions for our next Idea Drive!

An Idea Drive for New Xbox Design Lab Customization Options

I think it would be a great idea to introduce more customization options on the Design Lab, such as patterns, custom graphics, and (instead of the Scuf partnership) options for the Elite Controller, plus additional color combos for ABXY, and 2-tone, 3-tone, and 4-tone faceplates.

772 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CreeperSlayer421 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cole Petteruti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cheaper options - such as no blue-tooth or wired-only for people who don't want or need the extra feautres - I play in front of my PC, Xbox and PC, so I have no real need for bluetooth range

• VampireXDragon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have more color choices, like "mint".
    Other designs, like a transparent option would be awesome, too.

The commentor Danny had a nice Idea!
    My Wife has the same problem with her little hands, so it would be really nice to have an option for smaller Controllers.

Yes, a Elite-Controller option is a great idea, too!

• Acronell Nuess Zangetsu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to use the design lab to create custom controllers with minimalism, meaning blank non-labelled buttons.

I'm thinking an all gray controller with plain black sticks, triggers, buttons, d-pad, and all black Xbox Button.

Alteratively, all navy, with all silver inputs.

• OffKiltMum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see more color choices for the shadow scheme and different shade variations in the xbox lab. For exampple.... A purple shadow and then different shades of purple for the triggers and thumb sticks.

• Damian Barksdale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have owned 1 Xbox Elite Controller since the release of them and still have it to this day. I love using it, especially with how you can interchange the parts since its all magnetic. That being said I have owned multiple Scuf controllers over the years and they are nowhere near as durable as my Elite controller. I'm in the market of grabbing another Elite controller but unfortunately they are still not available to customize with the designs lab. Please make this an option as Im sure Im not the only one wanting and willing to pay for it.

• Jacob Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I would like to see added. Elite Controller customization. Add customization where you upload and image, design, or logo to add to controller. I like the concept of Football teams, but would like to expand on that idea where you can make your own.

• Ivan Torres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, but have the current Xbox design Lab carry completely over to the Xbox elite controller, so then you'd be able to customize your elite controller to be completely custom similar to that of what they currently offered for the Xbox One controller or to be able to put NFL teams on your controller.

• Kurtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should have an option in the design to make the controller an elite. Elite controller’s are awesome, very impressed with mine

• William commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have an option to color Thumbsticks left and right, i have idea to use Oxide Red Shadow and make right thumbstick red and left black

• AXELXu7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The LED should be RGB and sync to the profile of the person signed in. And by combining it with bluetooth, Microsoft could corner the 3rd party controller market for other consoles.

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe a option for a smaller controller frame my girlfriend plays and the controller is too big so it hurts after awhile a smaller frame on the wireless controller would be great

• Elite customization commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an idea the elite controller is cool but I think you should add it to the design lab. Also make it 2.0 and ad Bluetooth and side buttons like on the scuf vantage controller. I really want a pro controller, but the elite is reaching my itch for customization

• Elite customization commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was looking for a new controller to buy for my Xbox and I decide I wanted more control so the elite controller caught my eye. The price was obviously high so I did some research I was exposed to scuff controllers I like the elite better but I wish it had customization. I was also confused why it was lacking Bluetooth. The design lab is a amazing and the shadow designs are great but it would be awesome if elite controllers were added.

• Jonathan Watt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have Metallic finishes for the triggers and directional pad, but not the bumpers? And how about going all the way with it? Provide that option for any visible part, inluding the body and the back?

• Yellow Missile commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss soooo the beautifool colores from the 360 controler on ABXY! it's for me the gratest buttendesign ever. And today all ist so same. same black same White, wen i will colores than the standart,, but the big nice colerfool Buttons fom the 360 is still not there! Whyyyyyyyyyy
    Dear Dexignlap theam. ore Microsoft, ore sxuf theam: please made a 360 omash disign for the one! I realy want to by one whif 360 ABXY! but please not in White XD Or this ABXY as designoption.

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be cool if your avatar and or gamerpic was an option to add for customization.

• Thalia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Expand "Design Labs" to include customization options for the Xbox One S and X consoles. Either via new customizable consoles OR to create custom face/side/cover plates (similar to Xbox 360 plates) or even stickers?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
  • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
  • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
  • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/