Submit your suggestions for our next Idea Drive!

An Idea Drive for New Xbox Design Lab Customization Options

I think it would be a great idea to introduce more customization options on the Design Lab, such as patterns, custom graphics, and (instead of the Scuf partnership) options for the Elite Controller, plus additional color combos for ABXY, and 2-tone, 3-tone, and 4-tone faceplates.

745 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CreeperSlayer421 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be a good idea to have the option to make some of the controller out of a more durable material like metal for the bumpers, triggers, and/or the controller case.

• Ichi Yamamoto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need the center part - between the two bumpers LB/RB to stay black. That's the only thing holding me back from ordering a controller. I want to change the buttons without coloring the center.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Design lab allows customisation of the elite controller, as per the existing design lab you can customise all the same aspects on the elite controller.

I would love to be able to change the controller body colours and finish it off with my gamertag.

• mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

chrome controler options. i want a red chrome controler and i dont think you understand how much id be willing to pay for one. also if you could make a controler that doesnt ever succumb to stick drift, that would be greeeeat

how about see-through and smoke (semi-see-through) controllers? Why not sony has them for playstation

I had an idea for my boyfriends birthday gift, to customize a controller by putting a picture of us on the controller. I saw this idea on Pinterest, but after talking to one of the Assistants, they informed me that this option was not available but i should write it in this idea box. My boyfriends birthday is next month. Hopefully this option could be available soon. i believe many people would like this idea

• Chris Eye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be cool to print jpeg pictures on the design lab controllers and to choose if wired or wireless because i want a custom controller but i want one that is always wired so i dont have to have to use aa batteries like its a toy or have to buy a like 20 dollar play n charge kit . But its just an idea. (but pls make this happen)

I would love to have my own personalised controller but it’s not possible as I live in south africa. Make this possible!

• Mayorsam01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add gradients please or make an official Xbox Shadow Controller and have a nice dark Xbox Green replace the red of the Volcano Shadow controller

• Vinny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that a good idea is more customization on elite controllers. My gamertag is short its just Sing and i would love to see them have the option to have an engraved controller. Along with this, we could have different fonts, colors for the font, and effects, such as a glitter or rainbow effect or just something unique. This could be across up the front of the grips or on the back of the controller or even on the face of the controller. You could add in team logos, as well as sponsors to show at events, or your Youtube/ Twitch account can be promoted on your controller. You could add in a custom cover for your controller, customize the buttons thumbsticks paddles anything to show off or promote yourself or your team. There should be a special page when ordering an elite controller to where you can customize it so when you pay $150 for a controller like this, you can make it your own style, however you'd like, for just a little extra

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if we could import images as well to place on the controllers.

Could the design lab be extended out to the console itself to make custom console cases, whether it be for new buy systems, or Microsoft approved replacement shells. Like something that doesn't void the warranty either by sending it back in as part of the price, or make it a wrap or something?

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple slider for Xbox design lab that allows you to make a custom Elite controller.

• Rowan Crook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought it would be cool if you could design your own Xbox One S or Xbox One X is the Xbox Design Lab just like you can with controllers. This could include all the same features including custom engraving. This would make for millions of different color combinations and every Xbox would be unique, and just the way the owner wants it!

• Elias quintana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we had more options of picking the color of special forces "S" controllers.

Like for example, i love the Xbox one "MIDNIGHT FORCES" controller but it doesn't have the same features of the Xbox one "WINTER FORCES" S controller does.

If we had the option to pick which color of the special forces controller, it'll bring a lot more cool controllers to the market, like imagine a red Forces controller or a purple Forces, like that'll be cool as heck. I don't wanna look for the Midnight Forces controller on eBay and speand more money in need to. This option will be a great addition to Xbox one controllers. Oh also let us pick the finish on the controller, give us the option to pick a mat or gloss finish (like the original controller.) I really this comes too. Thank you for reading.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
  • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
  • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
  • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/