Submit your suggestions for our next Idea Drive!

An Idea Drive for Mixer broadcasting Features and Improvements

Vote and comment on ideas for improving broadcasting via Mixer on Xbox One consoles and PC.

340 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminGuru Kronos (Admin, Xbox) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Master Bob Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm new to streaming. I'm having a lot of fun with it, but it could be improved. I started streaming directly with the xbox broadcast feature. it works great but I cant have an exciting overlay, plus the chat box covering a large portion of my screen is a hinderance. I purchased a capture card so I can dive deeper. now i'm getting things going the way I want, except I cant hear myself. I would like to be able to capture my voice over/my parties chat over the capture card

TL;DR please change the chat box on xbox broadcast feature, its big and inconvenient, and I would like to be able to stream my own and my party chat through capture card.

• Dve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it we’re u can add music and custom overlays on mixer this would give a boost to mixer over twitch

• Zackary Alan Fitzhugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give us options to set bitrate, resolution, and FPS. If the twitch app can do the Mixer app should at least have those options to give users more control of their stream!

• Juan Martínez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need more options for mixer, example, I would like to be able to select the Bitrate like to new app of twitch, select to resolution for my stream and the FPS need minimum 720p60 for Xbox One like to PS4

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to customize the mixer status overlay. With it being a solid bar it makes it hard to see while gaming, it just gets in the way no matter where you move it. If you could give us the option to make it translucent that would be a huge improvement. Also, there are only a few icons on the bar does it really need to be as long as it is? If you could clean it up so it's more streamlined that will also improve things.

• Owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Possibly add some preset borders, sub noises, etc... To the Xbox Mixer app and the ability to play music on stream. Also some better ways to advertise your stream.

Comment other ideas bellow.

• jett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option to remove status overlay for both twitch and mixer

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to hide the Mixer status overlay when I'm streaming. I don't need it on the screen as I use the mobile app to keep an eye on who's watching and what's happening in chat. The overlay is just in the way.

I want there to be a privacy setting for Mixer Streams for who can watch it, basically is it Private? Friends can view this? Or Public, like so many other features on Xbox live have this option for and for the same reason, everyone should have seen at least 1mean,weird, disgusting or bullying people in the Chat or watching the stream and it would be more comfortable if you can make it if only friends can watch your streams or make it private if you’re worried about that kind of attention, please note before commenting that there are currently no ways to make your streams on Mixer friends only, public or private which is why I want this

I want there to be a privacy setting for Mixer Streams for who can watch it, basically is it Private? Friends can view this? Or Public, like so many other features on Xbox live have this option for and for the same reason, everyone should have seen at least 1mean,weird, disgusting or bullying people in the Chat or watching the stream and it would be more comfortable if you can make it if only friends can watch your streams or make it private if you’re worried about that kind of attention

• CrazyGreekDude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this Idea Drive. I think we need more control over our Kinect while broadcasting (and supported web cams.)

I for one don't have a dedicated gaming space. My bedroom doubles as my office\game room. I game and am about 8 feet away from the Camera......

I want the ability to be able to Zoom in. It doesn't have to be fancy like the Auto Zoom on Twitch. Though that would be nice. Just an ability to zoom and pan so I can get me 100% in frame instead of 80% being dedicated to my bedroom.

• Joshua Pedro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some people have really good internet so let us choose our bitrate and resolution, we want better quality streams.

• Brian Kaufman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The in-game overlay that shows the number of viewers you have when streaming should be removable or customizable in some way. The overlay covers up important information in most games.

• Anthony Thurl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A feature on the mixer app from your phone that allows you to use your phone as a facecam for your stream.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/