Submit your suggestions for our next Idea Drive!

Idea Drive for the Blu-Ray app

Vote and comment for ideas to improve and introduce features for the Blu-Ray app on Xbox.

297 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Calvin Mowat shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update Blu-Ray App to support correct reading of older discs and aspect ratios. I'd like to be able to pop any DVD in there without worrying about it playing back correctly.

• JasonTerminator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Dolby Vision support! My Xbox One X is almost the perfect 4K machine, please make it the best 4K device on the market!

• Juan Florez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They should update Blu-Ray to be able watch old dvds and new dvds with widescreen settings or fullscreen.

Be able to watch it with 4k graphics and sounds on xbox one X too.

• Helge Kvalheim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Blu Ray app for XBox One lacks automatic support for all DVDs to be played using full 16:9 Letterbox. Instead, several of old DVDs are played in small 4:3 Letterbox images in the Blu Ray app on XBox One, leaving a wide black space on both sides of the screen...

Normally, all DVDs should be "stretched" automatically to fit the whole 16:9 screen, being full screen 16:9 Letterbox or a full 16:9 Letterbox Widescreen. The point is that there should be NO black space on both sides of the image. That's the point...

Been asking to implement this in the Blu Ray app for XBox One for years now, without any result. I think the time is NOW...

For the moment, I found a way to fool the Blu Ray app into viewing an old DVD movie in full 16:9 Letterbox screen, by adjusting the Zoom-position on my TV. This is now set so that I can play movies the way they should, until I want to play games again. Then i have to set the Zoom to default again, and vice versa when watching movies again...

But normally, the Blu Ray app should allow this automatically for all DVDs, just like all DVD/Blu-Ray/4k Blu Ray players do...

• JasonTerminator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another asking for Dolby Vision support. If needed I’m not opposed to paying a fee similar to Dolby Atmos

• Gary Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to read video/photo files from Blu Ray/DVD data disks, like it can be done from a USB drive? media player doesn't find the disk with the files on it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

X is a weird pause button. Just saying. Some button mapping abilities would be nice

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for Dolby Vision HDR Support! I too would be prepared to pay a small fee to enable this functionality (similar to Dolby Atmos for Headphones).

There are more and more DV UHD discs coming out recently, and I'd like to leverage the DV aspect on my compatible TV since it's generally better than the HDR10 version.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/