Submit your suggestions for our next Idea Drive!

Idea Drive for Xbox Party Chat

The ability to control your mic sensitivity and control others peoples volumes. A

A lot of times your mic volume isn’t ideal either it’s too low or too loud and an ability to control that badly needed so is the ability to control other people volumes, we all have friends who mics are either too loud or too low, sometimes in the same party so lowering and rising the headset volume isn’t realistic.

808 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Epic wize shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ryder Brune commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it so instead of muting someone I can turn his/her voice volume from 100% to any other percent. So it can be quieter or louder.

• Cole Barker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to have Splitcreen party chats so my wife and I can hear eachother while playing with headsets.

• Samuel Butler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just the ability to adjust your own microphone levels is all we need. I would consider it essential. PS4 does a great job of this in settings, allowing you to see your mic levels visually and hear yourself as well, along with a simple slider that allows you to get a perfect level.

As of now the only way to do this on Xbox is by routing it through a computer or mixer.

• Kraft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea, to many times can I not hear someone while someone else pops my speakers, the ability would give a way to balance the party to hear everyone equally which is important for games with call outs and needing to relay and receive information quickly and clearly.

• Gage Glass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to turn up or down people’s audio individually, like Discord does. Some people have louder mics and others have quiet ones.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If there was the ability to restrict things from people in parties, such as making certain people unable to invite others or restrict certain people from joining the party. If you don’t allow a player to join a party then they cannot be invited by anyone until the host allows them back. Another idea is to have party “moderators” that the host selects. They would be able to remove players and restrict them from joining.

I've been wanting this since the release of the Xbox 360. Almost all chatting software on PC has this feature. It should not be a hard thing to implement.

I really want this added because I'm a quiet talker and my mic does not always pickup everything that I say. Sometime my entire reply will be missed, due to me talking at a low volume. I also agree that we should be able to increase/decrease the volume of other player's individually. I'm sure everyone probably played with someone that is just much louder/quieter that the rest of the party.

Friends set as favorites can join party and game without invite. Non favorites need invites

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like a volume bar under each name in my party to where I could turn up or turn down people's volumes in my party some ppl are louder than others and some vioces are just to quiet

• Tiger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give us the ability to join chat on mobile devices like facebook

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the ability to individually control peoples volume in party chat. I have some players who are really loud and others really quiet. Using a general volume isn't ideal so the ability to set volume for each individual is much better.
        This was we could set the general volume to match the quietest person and reduce the other individuals to match.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tapping the Sync button does nothing, only holding. I feel like we should have the option to tap it to mute our mics, for us without the 3.5mm adapter we have to go into the party tab to mute.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Individual microphone volume is a brilliant idea! My friends say my microphone is too quiet but if they turn the party volume up everyone else will be too loud and overpower the game.

• Cosby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When accepting a party invite through the mobile app, the party is currently separate from Parties on your console, and vice versa. The ability to seamlessly transition from one to the other would be a great feature. Currently if I accept an invite on my phone, I have to leave the party entirely and join it again on my Xbox. I would like the ability to turn on my Xbox and instantly be in the party there as well.

• Michael Gainey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My idea is that while in a party, you allow a push-to-talk feature on the Xbox controller. Perhaps holding the start or select button to communicate in game. Currently you have to go to the menu, go to your party, then switch to game chat. I feel it would benefit to have a distinguished button to allow game chat at the push of that button.

• Vitamin B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes agree to bring back private chat! and this is a great idea because so often there's that one person who is either way quiet or way loud no matter how they adjust their mic, likely due to the many equipment options out there, so this would be very helpful to boost or lower that person instead of having the rest of the party be louder just so you can hear that low level person.

• wolfrik7377 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

good idea and would be useful to handle party volume on seperate basis not just for the reasons on bullying brought up by others but also if your playing a seperate game and a story clip comes on

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/