Submit your suggestions for our next Idea Drive!

Idea Drive for Xbox App on PC Features and Improvements

Add the ability to be able to see the download progress of games & apps updates/installation progress of said games & apps. Add this feature to the Xbox app on both android & iOS as it would improve convenience massively.

569 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adam Cummuta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Better symbiosis between app and console. Allow phone to see entire game library (on your console) and download from library as well as delete from console. Basically storage management. Also full Pin access. Right now the current app allows us to move the pins around - although I've had my app crash more than once while rearranging the pins.

• Jez Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Change acheivements unlocks from notifications in the corner to be the same as the xbox one

• CJ Jed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Full keyboard support for when your streaming games to your computer. I prefer to play with a keyboard and mouse, but when I stream my game to my laptop it's just not an option. If I were to implement it it would be an icon that you can click on and a sort of exit keybind to exit from the keyboard capturing. This would be especially helpful with games like Sea Of Thieves adding full keyboard support on console, but not all of the titles are play anywhere titles.

• Jeremy Wiersma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to sign in to your Xbox console FROM the Xbox App so you can start streaming without 'touching' the console at all. Currently I have to sign in to my Xbox directly before I can stream from it which seems to defeat the purpose of the functionality. Accept it may be my security settings on the console, but that should be a good thing and not prevent sign in either way.

• BuxBukawa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option to stop showing unwanted friend suggestions in the activity feed: Most of the times totally irrelevant friend suggestions are at the top of the feed with unacceptable profile pictures, it feels so forced. An option in the settings to turn these suggestions off would be nice.

• ITALO RIBEIRO SOARES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to resume/pause downloads via the app would be awesome too. I have a slow connection, being able to pause downloads when I need more speed without having to turn on the Xbox is basic, yet nice feature.

• Aleem Dk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow pauseing and resuming in downloads, and allow backup and restore of games,plzz

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to see some hotkeys for functions like mute or refresh, and would like to be able to adjust mic settings (ie sensitivity). Mine is just a little too sensitive and picks up YouTube from across the house

hotkey for mute party chat would be a game changer and i'd actually use the app

microphone settings in the Windows Xbox App. Noise gates, filters, push to talk, etc. This will change everything.

Add customizable hotkeys for Xbox party functions within the Xbox app for Windows. Multiplayer games require clear communication. While doing large group activities its very important to minimize the noise to get the right information out there. If I had a hot key I could hit to quickly mute and unmute myself and the party chat it would make playing and broadcasting multiplayer games much easier.

• Dustin Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Live tile showing recent screenshots. Be a cool little touch to see your recent activity and liven up your start menu.

Microsoft please add push to talk for party chat or a mute option set via a HotKey. I can't tell you the amount of times it causes frustration while streaming when I have to jump in and out of my game to mute myself to talk with my Stream. Please this is essential, even for the Mixer streaming service.

• Jack Arlotta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we please change the right click on clips back to where it was before we can actually save our clips to Pc instead of only being able to mute/pause the video

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The addition of a Push-to-Talk hotkey from your keyboard through the Xbox App on Windows 10 would tremendously improve communication and ease. Please add this feature to enhance Xbox Live parties on PC.

• Monte Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use an external mic with the Windows 10 Xbox App and would be amazing to be able to set a hotkey to mute the mic within the App when I live stream I am talking to my viewers, and not disrupt the people I am in an Xbox Live Party with, and be able to mute, and unmute microphone.

I think this would be a great addition to the Xbox App.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
  • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
  • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
  • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/