Submit your suggestions for our next Idea Drive!

Idea Drive for Xbox Media apps (Blu-Ray, Media player, Netflix, Plex)

Vote and comment on Ideas to improve the Xbox as the all in one media console. This would include Blu-Ray, Netflix, Plex and other media apps.

It would also include suggestions about things such as new audio codecs or video codecs that should be added. (and anything else that has to do with media)

I bought the Xbox One in part because it was supposed to be the best place for my media as well as games.

I would like to see that the Xbox becomes the best place for your home media again. As right now it's lagging behind Nvidia and Apple.

358 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Angelo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, work with Netflix to bring back the Party Mode, with new Avatars. It's nice to watch a movie knowing that someone who's important for you, yet distant, is seeing it with you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Pass-through, minimal for most wanted 3th party media players. Then will be xbox perfekt media centre in my living room.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I might have missed some tutorial, but I have no idea what game pad buttons do what in the Blu Ray app until I randomly press things.

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see personal music reinstated as it was on the original XBox

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Passthrough for kodi and other would make xbox one perfect media center

The lack of Dolby vision for 4k ultra hd discs is still a huge problem as many stand-alone players incorporate this, I really don't want to buy a separate player just for this feature.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want a decent remote app I can use on my Xbox One for watching Hulu or Netflix. That's all I care about.

Please add plex media server capability on Xbox one x, along with 4k HDR Atmos support. Just like Nvidia Shield.

• SL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add HD Audio (Lossless TrueHD Atmos 7.1) Pass-through for 3rd Party apps like (KODI, Plex, VLC)

• Kamil Dziwota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You could add match frame rate option for video apps like on Apple TV 4K (for for example Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu) maybe.

This option of Apple TV 4K (and 4th gen) match its refresh rate to the original frame rate of content. This applies to content that's mastered at different frame rates, for example 24fps film-based content or other international content.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208288

For some reason it does not work on HBO Go and Now maybe (as I read in Reddit).

• Greg Stolworthy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bought my XBOX One S because I thought it would replace my HTPC for all video content. Turns out it doesn't do Dolby Atmos passthrouh (which was confusing because I knew it supported dolby atmos), which is more than 50% of the reason I bought it, good thing it can play games, or I'd take it back.

• Cole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix the audio delay for the Dolby Digital Bitstream as the current Xbox-specific lag prevents many users (such as Sonos owners) from experiencing 5.1 Surround as intended.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE add support for third-party app audio pass-through for HD audio formats! The fact that this is still an issue is very disappointing. :(

• Rick Grecula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to bitstream HD audio to 3rd party streaming apps like Emby, Plex, and KODI, etc.

• IceBoosteR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add lossless format passthru for DTS and Dolby Digital for 3rd party apps so it can be used as a media player.

• Keith Rothsay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an IR emulation for the right stick press that brings up the advanced info for bluray/netflix that is a bluetooth command currently. This would complete logitech harmony support for bluray player. Bought xbox one s as media player and impressed except this odd implementation that requires the controller

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/