Voting Phase - My Games & Apps

Vote and comment on ideas for improving My Games & Apps on Xbox One consoles. The Xbox Engineering team is looking to understand how they can improve the experiences for browsing and managing the game and app content on your console.

• Browsing and Searching For Games
  • Downloading and Updating
  • Managing Content and Add-ons

Idea submissions are now closed!

Vote on your favorite ideas and feature requests for the My Games & Apps section of the Xbox One

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Option to Filter or Sort for Games You've Played

A new menu item in the my games and apps called "Played Games" where we can see all games ever played on the account. There should be a filter to see which games are disc based and backwards compatible (or in other words played on the account but not digitally purchased on the account).
    -This way instead of remembering, guessing or keeping outside lists we can quickly see which games are backwards compatible on disc.
    -Maybe we can also directly let the game be installed from played games and then after downloading put the disc in for verification to play.

633 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Change “Sort by size” to Include Add-On Content Size with Main Game Size

For example, Assassin’s Creed Origins indicates its size is 49 GB when you select “Sort by size”, but if you go to “Manage” menu it turns out its size is actually 72 GB because of all the DLC installed. Sorting also takes only 49 GB into account, so sorting is incorrect for total games sizes.

573 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Ability to Collapse Groups

the newly added groups feature is a great way to organize games and other content. but if there are many items added to a group it is as confusing to browse/navigating as browsing the whole list of games.
        allowing to collapse groups would be a great improvement! so one can navigate more quickly to the particular group, open it and select the item wanted.

making groups collapsable on home too would also be a big improvement!

292 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow Sorting of Games by Digital and Disc-based Games

It would be nice to seperate my games into two lists. One of games I need the disk for, and one of games that are downloaded and can be played as is.

1,001 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Ignore Copyright and Trademark Symbols in Game Titles When Sorting

At the moment some games with multiple installments like Far Cry look like they're incorrectly sorted because you apparently consider copyright and trademark symbols to be part of the game name.

Please ignore these symbols for sorting.

698 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Ignore the Word "The" When Sorting Alphabetically

Some films in the Films and TV app ignore the word "The" when sorting alphabetically. I would like all Films to behave this way. Additionally, this would be useful when sorting your games

1,396 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Ability to Identify Games Acquired Through Subscriptions Like Game Pass, Games With Gold, or Purchased

You've got a great library of games, but you can't remember which games were installed through Game Pass, which games were part of your Gold Subscription, or a birthday gift. Let us know how important it is to identify where games came from by voting, and tell us in the comments how you'd like to see this idea work!

1,600 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Allow Grouping of Games into Folders

I know this is something already being implemented if a form, but I would like to be able to group games into folders just like a Windows PC. I'd like to have folders for Far Cry, Halo, Call of Duty, etc to keep these together while trimming down on the size of my games list, making everything more organized overall.

590 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Allow Nicknames for Games and Apps and Allow Sorting by this Criteria

It would be nice to allow us to give nicknames to games to sort them in our way. Make the games name be the default nickname, and if people is bothered by symbols like the copyright one, or the word The at the start of the name of a game, they can solve it themselves

182 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Split the Ready to Install list into "Full Games" and "Demos"

Right now, "Ready to install" shows all possible games that are ready to install, including demos. Let's make it a little easier to filter out the Demos, or maybe other types of games. Vote for this idea to show us how much you like it, and use the comments to tell us how you'd like it to work!

1,264 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Add more timeframes to the Sort by Last Played filter

In the current sort categories, when I sort by Last Played, I'm only seeing the games I've played today, this week, and 30+ days or something (not looking at it right now). What that means functionally is that there are times when I've come back to my console a week and change later, and basically have to search through the entire pile of all my installed games again, rather than having it be just a few clicks from the top. Add a few more time categories here in between those, please.

108 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Add A Favorite Games Sort Category

After pins and your home screen become full searching through my games and apps can be announcing. Add a feature to favorite a game so that all the games I currently wanting to play are on the top.

428 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Filter Games and Apps by Genre

With digital sales making it cheap and easy to amass a large library of content, it'd be nice to have an option to sort your library according to game genre. RPG, FPS, RTS, Adventure, Horror/Survival, etc.

425 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Allow Tiles to Be Moved And Arranged, Similar to Pins

Many of the games you own in “Games” are a mess alphabetically. For example, some even have “Full Game” at the beginning of its title so they are all alphabetized by F instead of the true title.

Please give us the ability to arrange and customize the order of our games and apps in the actual games and app sections...not just pins.

Thanks!

366 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Filter Games Based on Content Restrictions

Currently my son is able to browse my entire games collection (as well as all movies / TV shows I've purchased on Films & TV). What he's able to see should be filtered based on the age restrictions I've applied to his account

140 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Don't see your idea?

My Games and Apps is where you manage your content, including downloaded games, games you have purchased but haven't downloaded, and your subscriptions. You can also update your games within My Games and Apps, filter and sort, view download progress, and manage your download queue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
                                • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
                                • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
                                • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/