Voting Phase - My Games & Apps

Vote and comment on ideas for improving My Games & Apps on Xbox One consoles. The Xbox Engineering team is looking to understand how they can improve the experiences for browsing and managing the game and app content on your console.

• Browsing and Searching For Games
  • Downloading and Updating
  • Managing Content and Add-ons

Idea submissions are now closed!

Vote on your favorite ideas and feature requests for the My Games & Apps section of the Xbox One

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Option to Filter or Sort for Games You've Played

A new menu item in the my games and apps called "Played Games" where we can see all games ever played on the account. There should be a filter to see which games are disc based and backwards compatible (or in other words played on the account but not digitally purchased on the account).
    -This way instead of remembering, guessing or keeping outside lists we can quickly see which games are backwards compatible on disc.
    -Maybe we can also directly let the game be installed from played games and then after downloading put the disc in for verification to play.

787 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Option to Receive a Text or Email Notification When a Download Has Finished

Have you ever gotten home from a long day, wanted to play your favorite game but turns out you have to wait 2 hours for it to update?! Well this idea is supposed to suppress atleast some of that rage.
      Simply put you get the option of getting a text message or email when ever an update or download happens.

Though not every time obviously but when you choose to download/update something have this be an option below saying something like "Would you like to receive a notification?(this turns into more of a representation)

*click the check box* if you…

1,014 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Downloading and Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Ability to Collapse Groups

the newly added groups feature is a great way to organize games and other content. but if there are many items added to a group it is as confusing to browse/navigating as browsing the whole list of games.
        allowing to collapse groups would be a great improvement! so one can navigate more quickly to the particular group, open it and select the item wanted.

making groups collapsable on home too would also be a big improvement!

371 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Option to Receive a Notification Pre-Ordered or Pre-Purchased Content Becomes Available

The most common example are season passes content: when you own season pass and new DLC comes out from it, you wouldn’t know it’s released unless you follow the news and go to “Ready to install” section yourself to manually install it.

1,258 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Downloading and Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Change “Sort by size” to Include Add-On Content Size with Main Game Size

For example, Assassin’s Creed Origins indicates its size is 49 GB when you select “Sort by size”, but if you go to “Manage” menu it turns out its size is actually 72 GB because of all the DLC installed. Sorting also takes only 49 GB into account, so sorting is incorrect for total games sizes.

695 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Uninstall multiple games at once in My Games & Apps

I'd like to uninstall multiple games at once. So some sort of selection of multiple games and then just go for uninstall them all.

1,515 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Managing Content & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow Users to Have Games or Apps Uninstall Automatically

I always notice that I am low on storage and then realize that it’s because I have games installed that I never play and forgot were installed. It would be great to have an option to automatically uninstall a game after a set amount of time without playing it, or at least be notified that it’s still installed.

134 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Managing Content & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Allow Nicknames for Games and Apps and Allow Sorting by this Criteria

It would be nice to allow us to give nicknames to games to sort them in our way. Make the games name be the default nickname, and if people is bothered by symbols like the copyright one, or the word The at the start of the name of a game, they can solve it themselves

229 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Add more timeframes to the Sort by Last Played filter

In the current sort categories, when I sort by Last Played, I'm only seeing the games I've played today, this week, and 30+ days or something (not looking at it right now). What that means functionally is that there are times when I've come back to my console a week and change later, and basically have to search through the entire pile of all my installed games again, rather than having it be just a few clicks from the top. Add a few more time categories here in between those, please.

134 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Ability to quickly see if an app/game has recently been updated, is installed, or other status directly via app/game icon in Pins/Groups

Currently when you pin apps/games to Pins/Groups, the icons don’t denote if they app/game is actually installed or not, if it’s been recently updated, or any other status indicator.
                      This could be notes with minor flair added to an icon to note a recent update for example or for icon to be slightly grayed if it’s not installed.
                      This is very helpful to quickly see if your favorite apps/games have been updated.
                      Also, when you have multiple Xboxes, the pins/groups are shared but you can’t quickly notice what pinned items are installed or not on each Xbox.

339 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Managing Content & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Allow Users to Sort the Installation Queue

In the installation queue on the Xbox, no more options that gets you on the right side at the bottom could have the option to sort the games and applications up or down to make it easier to sort the install queue. There are games that I want I have priority to play, but when the installation queue has approximately 60 games, and other games appear that I have priority to play, it would be nice to be able to organize the sequence of games and applications.

738 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Downloading and Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Allow Sorting of Games by Digital and Disc-based Games

It would be nice to seperate my games into two lists. One of games I need the disk for, and one of games that are downloaded and can be played as is.

1,216 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Allow Chronological Game Sorting for Series

Add ability to sort my games library by chronological order in addition to alphabetical or other filters. (Ex. Tomb Raider games are not in chronological order under alphabetical sorting since they are not numbered and aside from the first reboot title, each games’ title begins with something other than Tomb Raider.)

1,199 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Managing Content & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Filter Games Based on Content Restrictions

Currently my son is able to browse my entire games collection (as well as all movies / TV shows I've purchased on Films & TV). What he's able to see should be filtered based on the age restrictions I've applied to his account

171 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Ignore Copyright and Trademark Symbols in Game Titles When Sorting

At the moment some games with multiple installments like Far Cry look like they're incorrectly sorted because you apparently consider copyright and trademark symbols to be part of the game name.

Please ignore these symbols for sorting.

818 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Allow Downloading Multiple Games at the Same Time

Please allow dowloading multiple games or apps for highspeed internet connections

2,115 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Downloading and Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Add an Option to Pick the Console Where Content Is Installed

Give users the option to pick a specific console to install to.

Case-in-point: I have two Xbox One consoles in my home. I use the console in my living room that is not my “home” console, and my wife uses my “home” console, (she shares my gold subscription). When I buy or install something, it downloads to the non-home console AND the home console.

We need an option to pick where the content gets installed. If Amazon can give us this option for eBooks, we should be able to get it for games.

421 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Downloading and Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • An Option to Choose Which Games or Apps Will Update Automatically

With bandwidth caps in place I had to disable auto updates ( I have over 500 games installed), but if we could have the option to choose which games and apps we want updated that would be gold.

824 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Downloading and Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Allow Grouping of Games into Folders

I know this is something already being implemented if a form, but I would like to be able to group games into folders just like a Windows PC. I'd like to have folders for Far Cry, Halo, Call of Duty, etc to keep these together while trimming down on the size of my games list, making everything more organized overall.

671 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Browsing & Searching For Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Option to Limit Bandwidth on Downloads and Updates

Some people only have limited download speed and would like the option to limit speeds to as low as possible so updates downloading in the background won't use the entire connection up. I have 10Mbps internet (fastest available) and when I update my games I can't do anything else.

Many of us could keep all our games&apps updated if there was an option to limit downloads to 128/256/512/768kpbs or higher for people with faster connections that still get used up entirely by the Xbox.

429 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Downloading and Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

My Games and Apps is where you manage your content, including downloaded games, games you have purchased but haven't downloaded, and your subscriptions. You can also update your games within My Games and Apps, filter and sort, view download progress, and manage your download queue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
                                          • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
                                          • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
                                          • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/