Vote on your favorite ideas and feature requests for the My Games & Apps section of the Xbox One

Estimated Download & Installation Times

In the queue of My Games & Apps, show an estimated time for how long the download (digital games or updates) or installation (disc) will take.

If you like this idea, vote for it!

Be sure to comment below and tell us your vision for this suggestion!

1,187 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mister Retr0 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you download a game or app there will be an estimated time. That estimated time should tell you when you game should be done.

• EbenerRamos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The installation queue has improved dramatically with the ready-to-install information, but details on missing estimated time information to complete the download of games and applications are missing.
        Microsoft, please do an upgrade upgrade to have estimated time to complete the download.

For example it would be:
        Remaining time: 3 hours and 45 minutes.
        Estimated time: 2 hours and 20 minutes.

This is just an example of suggestion.

• MasterkillerX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can definitely see this working well when it's based off of your current speed, but also what may be affecting your speed (such as streaming YouTube or Twitch). It could show both how long the full download will take (before you even DL it) and also how much longer until it's finished downloading.

• mike4nl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thta is one point i'm missing really because normally i work on gentoo linux and that is a standard in my ICT programs too. I have todo it everytime in the industrial automation projects.

• Buddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very convenient, but time estimates are often inaccurate for people with unstable download speeds. A smart system, incorporating times and/or bandwidth fluctuations while downloading previous files on a particular internet setup would make it even better.

My Games and Apps is where you manage your content, including downloaded games, games you have purchased but haven't downloaded, and your subscriptions. You can also update your games within My Games and Apps, filter and sort, view download progress, and manage your download queue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.