Vote on your favorite ideas and feature requests for the My Games & Apps section of the Xbox One

Options for Downloading and Installing All Available Updates

Managing a large library of games can be time consuming when you have updates coming out for them. Tell us in the comments how you'd like us to better enable managing updates. Checking for updates, automatically downloading, a little icon, or something else?

If you like this idea, vote for it!

Be sure to comment below and tell us what you'd like to see most from this idea

858 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mister Retr0 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Micheal Meginley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An option to force check and update all games would be awesome. Would be nice to set it to check and update while I run some errands or something. When I get back all of my stuff would be updated and ready to go. Would be a nice quality of life feature.

• Mykdee311 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Download updates automatically to 1 console in the house, then update other consoles in the home through LAN automatically.

• AdamT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Current system:
        1. Click individual game to bring up menu.
        2. Select Update.
        3. Repeat for every game you want to update.

Would be good to replace this with:
        1. Click each game you want to update - doing so highlights/selects them.
        2. Navigate to an "Update Selected" button at the top of the same screen.

Furthermore, the "Update Selected" button should toggle to "Update All" if either none or all games are highlighted.

This is exactly the same functionality as ticking boxes to select one or multiple files in the likes of Outlook and File Explorer.

• Martin Spierings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want the updates to download whenever they become available. I can't count the amount of times I had games (like Fortnite recently) that get huge updates which I have to wait for to join my friends. Its in standby, why isn't it updating? Let me set how aggressive it may update, so my unlimited and fast connection will download it whenever it gets available. I could very well turn the entire console off when I don't use it, because it seems that it will download just as much updates like that. Also looking for updates (with 50+ games installed and 200+ ready to install) takes about 5 minutes to complete the search. I don't get why it needs to take that long as I would imagine it would send a JSON with the games installed and then get the latest versions from those games back, compares it and installs whatever it needs to.

Simplify the process, speed it up and actually make it install updates in the background.

The whole reason for me to not be part of the insider program, was that it never downloaded those dashboard updates in standby. Always when I signed into the console, taking time of my gaming and increase annoyances

• Baris Kayi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a simple scheduler that will enable Xbox to download content only during the specified time period. We have ISP's that offer uncapped data service during specific hours (02:00 - 08:00 in my case) so I want to have Xbox download games and updates only during that period.

• lukemelville commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I always want the latest updates for games and apps but I want that to happen when I'm not using my console! Nothing worse than going to a game and then Xbox telling you it needs an update. I use "always on" for this exact reason, I want my Xbox to do this stuff when I'm not using it.

• Nicholas Skinner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, as do many in the country, have satellite internet. The one good thing about mine is that during the hours of 3:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. the data is free. There are other companies that I have used in the past that do this as well. I propose that a time be added to when the xbox would automatically check for updates and then update the xbox at the manually specified times of the users choosing. I know it would not only help those of us with slower internet to save on data, but would allow us to update games with 80 gigabytes (or even dlc packs that are high in data). I am still unable to download that amount unless I stay up all night and manually start at 3am and and stop at 6am because data is free then. Having a preferred download time of day for those who have free data times would be a great add on to your xbox one platform.
        Thank u for your time.

• Joshua Levy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to update all games and app that require it rather than hovering over an icon individually pressing menu and updating each one. The ability to update all apps and have it all qued up would be much easier.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow me to refuse any updates that make my game unplayable, such as the Xbox 1 Spring 2018 update that in combination with the Creation Club update makes Skyrim unplayable.

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Put a lock out time on the system before auto-updates can be installed.

i.e., a system must be powered off for X period of time before an auto-update can be installed.

This would be beneficial to users who play games with known glitches, like PUBG.

• James Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's say there's one game you play more than any other and you don't want to wait for other games to update instead of that one you should be able to prioritize updates to certain games.

For example for me it is NASCAR Heat 2
        You love it so much that when a patch gets released for it something else is updating at the same time if you set it as a priority then that game has top priority to download all updates for that game before any other game that needs it.

• Elijah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In some cases the automatic downloading of all available content with the Season Pass can conflict with game saves. If someone wants the option to have the Season Pass to download all afliated content they should be able to simply turn it on with a press of a button.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Within my games and apps, simply allow users the option to select all/download all instead of manually selecting each available game or app update needed

• Bobby Zane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't auto update games so pushing towards more automation would not be welcomed on my machine. I like being able to pick and choose which titles I want to update, and when I want to update them. My internet is not super high speed, so selective downloading is very important. In fact I wish there was a throttle option so xbox doesn't use 100% of my internet when updating. However, as for the question at hand, a simple button to "download all" should suffice for those with a large library.

• Brett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make a setting that allows the user to schedule a specific time to download new games. Eg. schedule xbox to download the new game between 12:00 am and 7:00 am/ 24:00 and 07:00

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice to Schedule when auto updates happen. For example between midnight and 6am. Benifits:

1. People with limited line speeds will not have the network hogged by the updates.
        2. Some ISPs have “free data” during certain times like midnight when traffic is low that will not count towards data caps.

• JoPlayer107 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- There should be a button for download all.
        - There should be under the download section that you can download all dlc's too.
        It is very irritating that you have to press on each game to download and look after a dlc

• Ritesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like for my Xbox to schedule updates and downloads during off peak hours where the internet rates in South Africa are free from 12am to 6pm. The internet during this time is also faster. Also it saves my internet cap and my internet does not get throttled.

← Previous 1

My Games and Apps is where you manage your content, including downloaded games, games you have purchased but haven't downloaded, and your subscriptions. You can also update your games within My Games and Apps, filter and sort, view download progress, and manage your download queue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/