Vote on your favorite ideas and feature requests for the My Games & Apps section of the Xbox One

Patch Notes When a Game or App Updates

When you get an update for a game or an app, the first question is "what changed?" Let us know how important patch notes are to you with a vote, and tell use what you'd like to see in the patch notes in the comments!

2,264 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mister Retr0 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cotacia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need this instead of trying to scour multiple Dev forums trying to figure out what changed.

• Victor M Velazquez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also wiil be good to have the option to "update later" at least the games that are not multiplayer. Most of the times after installa a game no mattersif its just for one player, you need to updaet it, download 10 or 25GB of updates wich is insane, making you to wait more. So what i do is go offline and skip this, at the end i dont need to be online to play the Story mode, so why dont give me the option to "Update later"?

• Sunman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So useful this feature! Please add patch notes to "My Games & Apps".

I agree that you can google it but it's much more convenient to just look it up on your Xbox (like Steam and Battle.net). So many updates but you never know what was updated exactly.

• Daniel McCabe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With most developers they show the patch notes on their webpages/social media but having the option to view them on Xbox would be a great thing to have you get my vote

• Janet Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, I agree with other commenters that the game hubs would be a perfect place for this. The game hubs feel highly underused and patch notes would be a great addition to the hubs as well as a way for developers to stay connected to fans

• Caleb Oleson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Developers should be required to provide at least a list of the biggest changes, should be encouraged to list every detailed change (even if it's by a hyperlink), and should be outright prohibited from just saying "bug fixes and performance improvements" every time.

• Eduardo Wagner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be interesting to let support (to customer) get information about the patch note submitted to QA Cert in Microsoft, especially the retro games. I was talking to support right now to get notes about the Battlefield 3 for Xbox One, which had an 1.8gb update and couldn't find any patch note over internet.

• Biliousdata commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea!
        There have been so many time a game has updated and i have no clue whats new!

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Creation Club update of spring 2018 should admit it makes Skyrim unplayable.

• Darryl Robertson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good! I had something posted on the old site with this very topic. Please do this. We like to follow updates and see what improvements or changes were made. We can continue participation in bug reporting and game stability.

• Liam Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you know what's new you won't have to search for it or assume it, and you'd know why it's so big/small...

• Greg Bell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a three tier expandable list.
        1- Categories (New features, game balance changes, known issues, bugs fixed, link to previous update)
        2 - Headlines for each category
        3 - detailed description

← Previous 1

My Games and Apps is where you manage your content, including downloaded games, games you have purchased but haven't downloaded, and your subscriptions. You can also update your games within My Games and Apps, filter and sort, view download progress, and manage your download queue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.