Vote on your favorite ideas and feature requests for the My Games & Apps section of the Xbox One

Ability to Identify Games Acquired Through Subscriptions Like Game Pass, Games With Gold, or Purchased

You've got a great library of games, but you can't remember which games were installed through Game Pass, which games were part of your Gold Subscription, or a birthday gift. Let us know how important it is to identify where games came from by voting, and tell us in the comments how you'd like to see this idea work!

1,428 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mister Retr0 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jaime Barillas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Top left corner

Digital owned - nothing
        Physical - disc symbol
        GWG - gold corner
        Game Pass - green corner
        EA Access - blue corner

Easiest and simplest way I can think!

• Cueil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or just use Amazon Unlimited style... where there is a logo at the top showing that this book is part of Amazon Unlimited. A logo showing that this game is from Game Pass or that you got this game from EA Access seems the most effective way of dealing with this situation. It also promotes the service when people see the game with the image telling them this game is on Game Pass.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oui ceci est une très bonne idée 💡 je confirmes.
        Parfois on peut se tromper entre un jeu dont nous sommes propriétaire ou bien sous location avec game pass ou gwg Xbox One.
        On devient automatiquement propriétaire des gwg 360 donc le notifier notamment car les gens ne savent pas !

• Tekkadan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple method for this idea would to colour code games either by colouring the text or putting a coloured border around the game image.
        Yellow/Gold = Games with Gold
        Green = Game Pass
        Blue = EA Access
        No change means purchased from store

• Ivan Filho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just add a small white icon in the top-right corner of the game’s image in My Games and App, like Destiny weapons for DLCs.

Just add a small white icon in the top-right corner of the game’s image in My Games and Apps. A controller icon for Game Pass, the “GOLD” icon for Games with Gold, and a wrapped gift icon for a gift. Really surprised you had to ask us for this, it’s a really simple idea. These icons would also mean it won’t take up too much of the games image, such as what “Game Preview” does.

I do think however, the gift icon should only appear for a week or so then disappear as IMO, it doesn’t really matter if a game is gifted or not, it’s urs to keep.

• Romeo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wanted this so much for awhile now. I'd like to know which X1 games are free from Gold and which I actually own.

Arminator's ideas with icons is what I would prefer to be implemented, visuals make it easy.

• Arminator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If a game is permanently owned it should show the game tile as it is now without any markings.
        A Game with Gold might get a golden ribbon in a corner, or a golden bar at the top or bottom to signify that this game requires you to have an active Gold membership to work.
        And Game Pass Games could similarly have a green ribbon and also a date to signify when the game leaves the Game Pass.
        EA Access games could get a blue ribbon (maybe even with the EA logo on it).

If it was a birthday gift, it doesn' need a special marking IMHO, as a gifted game is permanently owned again.
        But before it's installed it could be like on the Nintendo 3D. When you buy a digital game on the 3DS, the game icon is "wrapped" in paper with a red bowtie on it on the home screen. To start the downloaded game, you tap the gift wrapped icon, and the bowtie opens revealing the new game.

Similarly, when you want to download the gift the first time, it should show in "Ready to Install" with a gift wrapping. When you try to install it, the gift wrapper is removed, revealing the game's original title tile.

• Ian Rathbone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think we should be able to use #tags for our games and apps. Multiple tags could be used and we would be able to sort, filter, search etc based on these.

There's so many usage examples for this.

I could tag some games as #near1000G and these could be ones I could then go to as my ones I need to focus on to complete. I could tags these with other things also as #difficult or #gamespass so that I know I may have a limited time to do them.

Some I could tag as #couchcoop so I know I can play them with friends or #kids so I know I can play them with kids.

Take it to the next level and have community tags - one's suggested from the community that you can use. See popular tags.

Have a second layer of #tags that let you see what other people are sorting their games into.

Folders aren't always the best way forward for sorting your games out - maybe #tags are the best way?

• EbenerRamos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You could have notification of the games that are installed from GamePass and the games of the markings, to make it easier to know about the games that are on sale to be able to buy. At least we might have a chance to buy those games. It is not always that we remember getting access to the Xbox Store to check if the game we have installed GamePass or games of the markings.
        It would be possible to be notified that the game is on sale.

• I.C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Games from Gold, Game Pass, and EA Access all have their own sorted sections in current Insider builds. The only area that this really needs to be applied is showing whether a game digital license is owned or not.
        If a license isn't owned digitally, there could be a little disc image or something when the game title pops up as the cursor moves over it.

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I liked the symbols the 360 used, showing whether the game requires a disc.

• Mohamed Rizk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As far as I know this has been already applied in the latest Insider builds. Might have even been included in the public update too.

There could be a little icon. Just like the one showing you, that a disk is inserted. The icon could change the color. The Game Pass/Xbox Gold/Disk icon could be grey/red/whatever if you are not currently a member of Game Pass/... and it changes to white/green/... when you are a member and are able to play.

Place small markings on game art in My Games and Apps to signify games acquired through Games With Gold, EA Access, and Game Pass so users can more easily identify these titles and know which games they will lose access to should memberships expire.

• MasterkillerX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Knowing where my game came from would be nice, but I'd also like to see a library of games that can be added to a wish-list so that I can easily remember all the games I am interested in but haven't purchased yet. Maybe add several new menus (ex: Game Gifts, Gold Subscription, Game Pass, Wish-to-Own, etc.) in My Games & Apps.

• mike4nl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have no game pass and i don't know what he does but it's right to identify the type of subscription. I nuse Gold Live and purchase only so it's a good idea i think.

← Previous 1

My Games and Apps is where you manage your content, including downloaded games, games you have purchased but haven't downloaded, and your subscriptions. You can also update your games within My Games and Apps, filter and sort, view download progress, and manage your download queue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.