Vote on your favorite ideas and feature requests for the My Games & Apps section of the Xbox One

When You Download a Game Give the Option to Download All DLC You Own for That Game

When downloading games you already own, it's easy to grab the game itself, but finding and downloading all the DLC you own for it can be a chore. Particularly if you own a season pass, this can be tedious. It'd be nice to have an option to install the game and all the DLC you own, too, with a single click.

1,295 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JasonGW shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DirtyDozen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to modify this slightly. Since the download all option already exists (at least in the preview phase), what I would like to see is a system setting (or possibly per-game setting) to auto-download any FUTURE DLC. I hate having to go back and keep checking games for additional DLC that comes out via season pass, etc. I want the console to just download that stuff automatically rather than having to do it manually.

• Matthew Chapman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm pretty sure that this is already a feature. When installing a game, the Xbox says: Install All, Choose what to install or Cancel.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Isn’t this already I thing? Pretty sure I’ve seen a notification after installing a game where it says “Do you want to install all DLC content?”.

• Grower allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like if you get a gold edition
        Instead of providing the game and dlc separate it should be as one download to make the process less difficult on the system
        Games like life is strange and any battlefield suffer from the problem of slowing down your Xbox cause they have like 200 dlc updates or episodes to download separate

• Granex2b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok This site doesn't let me edit my comments. This is a problem but not in the way everyone is thinking. The existing content that is there when you download your game can be downloaded but if season pass stuff or new content that is free becomes available you have to manage each game to see. If it's available. This is a problem for many games including Rock band as they add old songs into the Xbox one store library your collection grows and there is no notification you have to keep checking to see if add ons become available this is a problem for those with 100s of games

• GinsuVictim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a non-issue. You can already download the game and all the DLC in one click in Manage.

• jala528 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is already a feature.

"If you have available add-ons, we'll install those too."

• CJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is already a feature unless you want them to make it more prominent

• Kyle Eady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if any DLC you owned Auto-downloaded though. Call me lazy, but I second this motion

• TallinHarper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It can be difficult to know if there is DLC to download when you have a large library, and going in to manage the individual game is an extra step that shouldn't be necessary. Add a section in Ready to Install for DLC and have it showing for Installed Games only, by default.

• Granex2b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This option is already available under ready to instal instead of clicking (A) press start and manage the game then you can choose to install all content or pick and choose I hope this helps you

My Games and Apps is where you manage your content, including downloaded games, games you have purchased but haven't downloaded, and your subscriptions. You can also update your games within My Games and Apps, filter and sort, view download progress, and manage your download queue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.