Vote on your favorite ideas and feature requests for the My Games & Apps section of the Xbox One

Ignore the Word "The" When Sorting Alphabetically

Some films in the Films and TV app ignore the word "The" when sorting alphabetically. I would like all Films to behave this way. Additionally, this would be useful when sorting your games

840 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

XBLETmasterV36 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should be an option to choose whether or not we want to take into account the "The".

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should definitely be an optional toggle. I imagine the work to standardize and allow multiple options would also help with trying to create the graph for when you launch games via Cortana - where people may say the title with or without the article in front.

• Ryan McDonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This also holds true within Films and TV: some titles ignore "The" in the title (anyone who has The Mummy trilogy will find that 2 out of 3 movies fall under "T"). I'd go one step further with this idea and ensure that series (movies or TV) are listed in series order - so annoying when Star Wars or Harry Potter film orders are all over the place.

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't agree. At least for locales other than English. It's somewhat confusing when english titles ignore articles for sorting but other languages don't.

• XBLETmasterV36 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The first letter of the title of the Game, movies and videos should be in order, no more starting with the word "The" as their are billions under it!

• TallinHarper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, the words 'A' or 'An'. Articles should not be considered when sorting a title alphabetically.

• Granex2b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh my Gosh I would have to learn my list all over Lego games might me in L and ESO might actually be in E lol

My Games and Apps is where you manage your content, including downloaded games, games you have purchased but haven't downloaded, and your subscriptions. You can also update your games within My Games and Apps, filter and sort, view download progress, and manage your download queue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.