Vote on your favorite ideas and feature requests for the My Games & Apps section of the Xbox One

Make Update Sizes Known Before Updating

993 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Trevyn Pillay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EHZ_115 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This HAS to be a feature, I've started downloads just for it to tell me it's like 30Gbs. It's soo dumb

• BENJAMIN A. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my number one annoyance with updating games. It seems like such a common sense feature to disclose the size of an update without having to initiate it first . Especially since once you start you cannot play the game or use the app until the download is complete. ALSO, I cannot count how many times I've had to stop a download because it was some insanely large gigabyte size and I didn't have the data allowance on my plan to complete it.

"Download, cancel, uninstall, reinstall-- rinse and repeat." Gets very old very quick.

• SightlessKombat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This already exists - "the size of the update is around ... mb/gb". At least as far as I remember, that's a standard feature for games etc, though I could just be thinking of console updates.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely! Makes no sense that we can't see the size of the file before update. Annoying as well that there is no simple way to cancel the update if you see that it's gonna take a couple of hours and you want to play the game right now

• J4yt411 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It tells u on xbox one once it starts u can pause it on the update part of games and app off home page

• Bobby Zane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! Currently the only way to see update filesize is by starting the update, so that it appears in the download queue, and then you're forced to pause and update at a later time. It's an annoying step that could be easily avoided by providing the filesize beforehand.

My Games and Apps is where you manage your content, including downloaded games, games you have purchased but haven't downloaded, and your subscriptions. You can also update your games within My Games and Apps, filter and sort, view download progress, and manage your download queue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.