Vote on your favorite ideas and feature requests for the My Games & Apps section of the Xbox One

An Option to Choose Which Games or Apps Will Update Automatically

With bandwidth caps in place I had to disable auto updates ( I have over 500 games installed), but if we could have the option to choose which games and apps we want updated that would be gold.

746 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Niall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe as well, you could have the option to have a notification come up if a game or app needs updating? So that you're aware it needs updating sooner. It'd save you only realising when you try to start up the game for example.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree - with over 500 games it doesn't make sense to make auto-updates an all-or-nothing situation. Far better to let me choose what I want to keep up to date.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I could delete my installed Skyrim and it's game-breaking Spring 2018 Creation Club update so I could re-install Skyrim off the disc without updating it. That way I could be playing it now without constant freezes and crashes. I don't mind paying for mods, and I don't see why anyone should complain when we pay $300-$500 for the console and usually $70 for a game. How can Bethesda expect anyone to pay even $1.50 if its broken ?

• JoPlayer107 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It could have a possibility that only online-games always update automatically.
        The online-games need always an update, you can't eh doesn't play these games without an update.

My Games and Apps is where you manage your content, including downloaded games, games you have purchased but haven't downloaded, and your subscriptions. You can also update your games within My Games and Apps, filter and sort, view download progress, and manage your download queue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/