Vote on your favorite ideas and feature requests for the My Games & Apps section of the Xbox One

Allow Downloading Multiple Games at the Same Time

Please allow dowloading multiple games or apps for highspeed internet connections

1,554 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mukhas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EHZ_115 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Downloading one thing at a time is better than 2 or 10 at a time, plus, it doesnt DOUBLE your download capability.

• PJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nah... better option is modifying queue. Multiple items you just download for all the games you a doing at the same time. It won't improve your download speeds overall. The better option is to more easily allow manipulating the queue. right now it just "pause", "cancel", "install now". I personally would like to see one be able to easily move around items in the queue similarly like moving group items: hitting "Y" on a queue item and move it up or down in the queue.

• Milan Joaquin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not just put them in the queue? you'll be able to play when one is done instead of having to wait

• TheWhiteR4bbitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think for smaller items this would be really good because you could have 20 things queued (for whatever reason) so all the small stuff could streamline together (or have 1 big download while small ones join it)

• Billy Mariani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't make sense at all to have two things download at once, not matter how fast your internet is. Downloading more than one game at a time with slow down both downloads to such a big marin that it will always be faster to download them one at a time. Just queue the games in the order you want them downloaded.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I download a game it get speeds of 60Mb/s up to 120Mb/s

My Internet speed is 500Mb/s, Soon they will finish Fiber and I will be at Gigabit speeds

With the Xbox One X you would think Microsoft/Xbox would up there speeds to Gigabit
        As with all the Digital games and Streaming Xbox Live needs more Speed.

I pay for High Speeds and got a Gigabit network with Cat7 and a Fast Computer with a Gigabit card, So I want the Fastest Speeds.

Thank you,
        James

• Nono commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As long as they using Hard disk drives this will not be possible, they will need two different memory storage, such as two ssd memories for faster multi-downloads

• Sean Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is what i hate about steam/ps4. when i want 1 at a time you have to pause the rest. at the very least give as an option if we want multiple or single download

• SwordofWhedon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do this already, queuing multiple downloads. It is slower to simultaneously download multiple packages, as instead of prioritizing one, which will already download at the limits of your internet speed, the local servers ability to send you data, and the resources in the Xbox One. You’re constantly interrupting the flow of data. You can already order and prioritize what’s downloading by pushing the menu button and selecting Update or Download Now.

My Games and Apps is where you manage your content, including downloaded games, games you have purchased but haven't downloaded, and your subscriptions. You can also update your games within My Games and Apps, filter and sort, view download progress, and manage your download queue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.