Voting Phase - My Games & Apps

Vote and comment on ideas for improving My Games & Apps on Xbox One consoles. The Xbox Engineering team is looking to understand how they can improve the experiences for browsing and managing the game and app content on your console.

• Browsing and Searching For Games
  • Downloading and Updating
  • Managing Content and Add-ons

Idea submissions are now closed!

Vote on your favorite ideas and feature requests for the My Games & Apps section of the Xbox One

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Estimated Download & Installation Times

In the queue of My Games & Apps, show an estimated time for how long the download (digital games or updates) or installation (disc) will take.

If you like this idea, vote for it!

Be sure to comment below and tell us your vision for this suggestion!

2,316 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Downloading and Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow Downloading Multiple Games at the Same Time

Please allow dowloading multiple games or apps for highspeed internet connections

2,115 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Downloading and Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Option to Receive a Notification Pre-Ordered or Pre-Purchased Content Becomes Available

The most common example are season passes content: when you own season pass and new DLC comes out from it, you wouldn’t know it’s released unless you follow the news and go to “Ready to install” section yourself to manually install it.

1,258 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Downloading and Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • 1,443 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Downloading and Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Option to Receive a Text or Email Notification When a Download Has Finished

Have you ever gotten home from a long day, wanted to play your favorite game but turns out you have to wait 2 hours for it to update?! Well this idea is supposed to suppress atleast some of that rage.
            Simply put you get the option of getting a text message or email when ever an update or download happens.

Though not every time obviously but when you choose to download/update something have this be an option below saying something like "Would you like to receive a notification?(this turns into more of a representation)

*click the check box* if you…

1,014 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Downloading and Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • An Option to Choose Which Games or Apps Will Update Automatically

With bandwidth caps in place I had to disable auto updates ( I have over 500 games installed), but if we could have the option to choose which games and apps we want updated that would be gold.

824 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Downloading and Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow Users to Sort the Installation Queue

In the installation queue on the Xbox, no more options that gets you on the right side at the bottom could have the option to sort the games and applications up or down to make it easier to sort the install queue. There are games that I want I have priority to play, but when the installation queue has approximately 60 games, and other games appear that I have priority to play, it would be nice to be able to organize the sequence of games and applications.

738 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Downloading and Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Option to Limit Bandwidth on Downloads and Updates

Some people only have limited download speed and would like the option to limit speeds to as low as possible so updates downloading in the background won't use the entire connection up. I have 10Mbps internet (fastest available) and when I update my games I can't do anything else.

Many of us could keep all our games&apps updated if there was an option to limit downloads to 128/256/512/768kpbs or higher for people with faster connections that still get used up entirely by the Xbox.

429 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add an Option to Pick the Console Where Content Is Installed

Give users the option to pick a specific console to install to.

Case-in-point: I have two Xbox One consoles in my home. I use the console in my living room that is not my “home” console, and my wife uses my “home” console, (she shares my gold subscription). When I buy or install something, it downloads to the non-home console AND the home console.

We need an option to pick where the content gets installed. If Amazon can give us this option for eBooks, we should be able to get it for games.

421 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Downloading and Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Don't see your idea?

My Games and Apps is where you manage your content, including downloaded games, games you have purchased but haven't downloaded, and your subscriptions. You can also update your games within My Games and Apps, filter and sort, view download progress, and manage your download queue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
                    • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
                    • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
                    • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/