Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Ease of Access on Xbox

Allow Audio Balance Adjustment for Users with Partial Hearing Issues

It'd be nice if some L/R audio balance features were exposed for those of us who have partial hearing issues in only one ear. Especially for a game like Hellblade, or even in the recent UI changes which have stereo effects.

234 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jason shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is within Windows and MS want to generalize the Xbox and Windows and this is a disability option which I believe is important to people who have this issue.

• ⚰️ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really can't understand why this option have not been added yet. Please, many of us have hearing loss in one ear. There are many old players nowadays. I'd really appreciate if you update headphones configuration with this important option for us. Thanks.

• ⚰️ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, add this option at least for headphones. I have suffered hearing loss in my left eardrum. I love playing with headphones, but all my sound shows slided tí the right. Please, add a simple balance slider on headphones configuration. Thanks.

• peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! balance is In the W10 API and should be in the acces menus.
        We have mono audio so a good next step is a way to balance LR with or with out mono tie in,

this should cover most use cases where a user has a partial hearing loss .

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My brother is partly deaf so it's nice that so many people care about this. It means a lot to me so thanks.

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are deaf in one ear you should be able to play all sound in one of them wether it be right or left.

What Exactly Does Ease of Access Mean?

We're looking for new hardware and software suggestions that will make it easier for people with disabilities to enjoy the Xbox console and services. We’re eager to learn more from you and to share that information as a team.

We look forward to receiving and exploring your feature requests via Xbox Ideas. Let’s build a more inclusive Xbox together!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/