Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Ease of Access on Xbox

implement the Text-to-speech API for Microsoft Games

Make integrating text to speech in game menus a priority. Currently, totally blind users need to use sighted help or use complex solutions to read the menus on games that are otherwise quite accessible. Implementing text-to-speech on menus would go a long way to making many games accessible to totally blind players.

135 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jason Fayre shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally blind, and would love this text to speech as an on/off option on Killer Instinct's Shadow Lords so I can play and beat it on challenging, finally unlocking Gargos' astral plane stage and all the mimic skins. It's been bugging me for a while now because I'm a completest.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would add that any game text, even subtitles, could benefit from this. This would enable even more gameplay and can be used in pretty much any game.

What Exactly Does Ease of Access Mean?

We're looking for new hardware and software suggestions that will make it easier for people with disabilities to enjoy the Xbox console and services. We’re eager to learn more from you and to share that information as a team.

We look forward to receiving and exploring your feature requests via Xbox Ideas. Let’s build a more inclusive Xbox together!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/