Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Ease of Access on Xbox

Add Text Names to Color Selections for Colorblind Users Across the Console

Currently the options to choose the colors of the system menus is done solely via color swatches, meaning if you're colorblind you have no idea whether you're choosing grey or pink, purple or blue etc.

The same applies to the avatar customisation, with the leaked video showing use of a color wheel for choosing eye colors and obviously choices of different colored clothing too. It is a real world issue too, the same issue exists when buying clothes. But unlike real life, here there's a chance to address it in a consistent and reliable way.

121 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kyle Nanakdewa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature exists on PC (accent colour picker) and the new Avatar editor, hopefully they bring it to Xbox! It's a great idea and works very well on PC.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! I came here to make exactly this suggestion. Also, "politely suggesting" to developers to allow the user to choose the colors that appear in HUD and/or radar displays would be appreciated. Dice has already done this with Battlefield and Star Wars: Battlefront, but it is still only choosing between presets labelled by the technical (rather than common) name of the type of colorblindness. While they are better than the default colors, none of their choices work well for me, and I know I'm not alone in this.

What Exactly Does Ease of Access Mean?

We're looking for new hardware and software suggestions that will make it easier for people with disabilities to enjoy the Xbox console and services. We’re eager to learn more from you and to share that information as a team.

We look forward to receiving and exploring your feature requests via Xbox Ideas. Let’s build a more inclusive Xbox together!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/