Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Ease of Access on Xbox

Easy mode for the system interface

A simpler alternative interface could be great for a wide range of groups. People who encounter barriers with understanding or remembering complex interfaces, children, even some people with motor or vision impairment would benefit from simpler navigational structure. Access only to the core content items that they need to access, without being able to get lost in menu options that aren’t relevant to them.

This already exists on other platforms. One example is the easy mode found on Asus smartphones, which gives you a single fixed simplified interface. But some Doro phones go further and allow any section of the interface to be turned on or off per the capabilities and interests of each user; for example being able to turn off sections of the top nav to remove complexity for people who don't use TV or social.

165 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BlinxESP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox One current menu feels so akward, it is so goofy in my opinion. So many options for what? I mean, yes, people like options but this is just too cluncky and meaningless customization... Just give me some **** nice looking simple menu, with the games and apps I recently used, let me put all the marks I want, and don't bring more stupid buttons to the screen like: Groups (why in the **** I need to see that? I have a controller with buttons, I don't need to see it on screen) Make it clean! Hire some actual UX designers and graphic designers. This looks done by IT with no knowledge on design and no taste. Simple, faster, more fluid... Come on! You are Microsoft ! Not a cheesy chinese company, geezes!

• ELIT21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have idees for this just renable the last xbox360 menu because this is very complit and simpel menu ¡¡¡ for xbox that renable give more style ,,, more simplified and this create compatible acces to player on 360 and one because one is just have add the graphique cart

What Exactly Does Ease of Access Mean?

We're looking for new hardware and software suggestions that will make it easier for people with disabilities to enjoy the Xbox console and services. We’re eager to learn more from you and to share that information as a team.

We look forward to receiving and exploring your feature requests via Xbox Ideas. Let’s build a more inclusive Xbox together!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/