Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Ease of Access on Xbox

Allow Power Wheelchair Controls to Connect to the Accessibility Controller via Bluetooth or ECU

Most people with mobility impairments who use power wheelchairs have a controller that is easy for them to use. Their wheelchair controller! By switching from Drive Mode to one of the Environmental Control Unit modes, the player could utilize the controller of their wheelchair as one of the directional controls for the XAC.

217 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David T shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daryl Faulkner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe most wheelchairs connect via Bluetooth as mice, so some kind of mouse to joystick driver would have to be present also.

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m pretty sure the XAC doesn’t have Bluetooth built in. I could be wrong. It wouldn’t be a big deal to create a Bluetooth receiver type device with wired plugs to go to the ports on XAC. I’m going to look into this myself. It’s a great suggestion but it will be up to 3rd party developers to address this I’m afraid. Maybe future XAC versions will have it.

What Exactly Does Ease of Access Mean?

We're looking for new hardware and software suggestions that will make it easier for people with disabilities to enjoy the Xbox console and services. We’re eager to learn more from you and to share that information as a team.

We look forward to receiving and exploring your feature requests via Xbox Ideas. Let’s build a more inclusive Xbox together!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/