Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Gamer Profile

Appear offline to select users

We should have the ability to appear offline only to people or groups that we choose instead off all users or no users.

464 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nathan Woolfrey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Johnserr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree with Vitamin D. We should have control over how we appear to any person or group, and have the option to default to offline if we so choose. By the time we go to "appear offline" people know you are probably avoiding them, plus, it's a pain to have to do it every time you start your xbox.

• Vitamin B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great suggestion, and ability to sign in as offline instead of having to sign in first before changing to appear offline.

• M. Sanges commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm with Emma (and her daughter), having a "Only Appear Online to My Favorites" would be great, and it would take advantage of the "Favorites" sub-category of friends that's already implemented, giving it another use.

• Pyrrhuloxia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be great to still have the option to either appear online or completely offline, but I would like to be able to have another choice where, when you select it, you are taken to a list of your friends where you check all the friends that you would like to appear offline to. But an expanded idea on that would be this: on that check list of friends, give us an "Invert" checkbox. That way, if we have, say, 40 friends, and we want to appear offline to all of them but a few, we can just check the "Invert" box, then check the few friends we'd like to appear online to and any we didn't check we'll appear offline to. This will save us the hassle of having to check a whole lot of boxes if we only want to appear online to a few friends.

• Emma Parsons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My daughter made a great suggestion. Sometime she doesn't want to be hassled by appearing online but wants some of her favourite friends and family to know she is online. Is there anyway to appear online to favourite friends only?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/