Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Gamer Profile

Allow Users to Create Nicknames for Friends

It would be cool if you could replace your friends “Real Name” (what appears beside a friends username) to whatever you want. Some of my friends don’t have their real name shared so it can get confusing trying to figure out who is who. Hopefully this becomes a thing!

502 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rowan Crook shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TheBORM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow us to create, sort, hide and\or show custom-named "Friends" lists (e.g. friends met in certain Xbox clubs, or friends who play a certain Xbox games etc.)

• Christina Price commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am disabled/autistics and have lots memory issues. It woulds be great to be able to edit an added friend much like contact being added in our phones, android style at least. not sures how other phones do it when adding a contact after say...a phone call from first time and oh, add contact button use....etc. Sorta like that after adding friend, whether being the one thats sending or receiving such request. Treat it likes a contact card. With multiple otions of info to add (the associated games thing is nice idea too. Max 3 associated games) Hopes that makes sense but no matters :) Just know that it would be helpful to those with disabilities of the brain.

• CMHammond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for Nick Forrest’s idea. Sometimes you only add someone as a friend, so you can play with them again later. They’re more of a contact than a friend. It would be really useful to assign a game (or multiple) to a friend, so you can see why you added them and who to add when looking for people to play with. Maybe even allowing sorting too.

• Nick Forrest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Along with this feature it would be great to tag friends with games you play with them. Could be in an icon form next to their name or on their profile, and with an option to list friends nested by games you play with them (similar to how clubs have their own nest in friends list on pop up dash). This could be done either manually by the user or automatically by a top 3-5 games most played with value.

• Nick Forrest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would make sorting through friend's list much easier! Also, I have experienced situations where I am messaging a friend or someone I am in a game with who has a borderline inappropriate/crass gamertag/displayed name and it would be nice to have the option to display them by an aka when in the presence of children or family in general.

• Jaded Meiji commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When a gamer changes their tag there is no current way to know who they are unless they specifically tell you. Allowing them to select to display AKA when they change their name will allow you to still know all the ppl on your friends list.

I play an MMO and name changes are problematic with running the guild.

Not to mention my other friends from games I may not play as often.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/