Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Gamer Profile

Allow Users To Remove Unwanted Achievements From Their Profile

Sometimes there is an old game or a game you tried for free on your profile with 1 or 2 achievements unlocked that you just want to remove but you cant it would be awesome if you guys gave us an option to remove games like this from our achievement history.

636 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

nikos1997 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this, there are achievements on my tag now that were earned by someone else without my permission, and now they are stuck on my account, how is that fair? Contacted support and apparently nothing can even be done so they directed me here.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would gladly pay real money to cleanup my history and improve my completion percentage.

• Takashi Yoshida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Microsoft i don't want every Game in my Achievment list. I have some Games in my list i dont want play again. Let me the option what i want to delete. I mean thats my account...

• M4DUBUS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be amazing I have tried a few games on game pass and only unlocked 1-2 achievements and will never play again so if I could hide them that would be great. You can do this on PS4.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’ve been waiting for this feature for YEARS. Players should be able to delete games from their achievement history. How hard is it to subtract numbers??

Would be nice to remove games I have no interest in playing and be able to quickly see which games I didnt finish. This is only option I want to see on added Xbox. Please save my OCD

• Aleph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are many games with unobtainable achievements due to server shut downs or other issues. You may also be stuck with a game on your profile that you hate and only played once. Because of things like this, we should really be able to remove games, or achievements, from our profile.

Some people may try to exploit this, so only allowing a certain number of games per year to be removed, or perhaps a certain amount for how old your account is would be a good idea. Either way, I fully support this idea and believe it is long overdue.

• Taylor Duran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree so long as the removal is also reflected in the users gamerscore. For me it’s a matter of ‘tidying up’, however if a person wants to re-experience a game through the process of re-earning achievements, I don’t see how a feature like this hurts anyone.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also would like this feature in the next update even that would be great I purchased bo4 digital deluxe edition for £129.99 and i have unlocked a few achievements on it just over 100g but I want my money back because I don't play the game but I want the achievements of my account

• Benjamin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also very pleased with this idea. I have some games i just really bought out of boredom, pity and sometimes even curiosity and they just didn´t deliver any kind of fun.

Even an option that achievements only get activated if the user played more than 1 hour or fill out a permission popup would decrease the list of games with 1 or 2 achievements.

• Aiden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like this idea. It would allow people to fully relive the experience of playing a game for the first time.It would also help people who have fallen victim to modded lobbies and give players a chance to actually earn those achievements. Hopefully the team at microsoft and xbox consider this idea.

• Jakob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a feature that allows you to choose how you want to appear to other gamers via achievements progress on the specific games you want would be great.

Most of the counter arguments I have read about deems the “cleaning up” of your achievement list as cheating. There are people out there who go back and do the extra work to earn their 100% completion for every game they have ever played. And their gamerscore will reflect that. Those people who have done the extra work will have earned much more achievements and therefore will have a higher gamerscore as a reward for thei efforts.

However, some of us don’t have 100% on every game and don’t want to put in all of that work and are totally fine with even the ability to hide the games or even have a feature in which you only share the titles that you are proud of. There is a large portion of the Xbox community that would love to be able to appear however we would like to.

To those of you who put in the extra work: YOUR PROFILE WILL STILL SHOW THE EXTRA WORK YOU PUT IN. someone who removes the undesirable titles from their list will still have a lower gamerscore than the person who played through the whole game even though they didn’t like it.

For me, it isn’t so much about completion %. I have had my account for years and years and there are some games that I played years ago that I never really tried very hard in and don’t reflect the gamer that I am today. The achievement system is apart of the way that you appear to other gamers, and I would like the option to tell other gamers the games that I am interested in. That means hiding a lot of the games that I have a try to and maybe even finished to 100% but still want to remove the name from my list. Why not? The ability to customize your achievement list needs to become a feature, people have been asking for it since the Xbox 360 came out and the way our profile appears to others would help communities of gamers who want to be proud of their profile when they open it up.

• rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think games that have unobtainable achievements due to the online service being removed. Such as Army of Two which is on backwards compatibility should also be removable from your profile, if the achievements can't physically be unlocked anymore the game should have a hide option.

• JEZZA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only issue I can see with this is exploitation of the feature (remove achievement then play game again and get it again thus boosting Gamerscore) it would need to also remove the points from your total Gamerscore.
        Personally It doesn't faze me and its not something I would use but still a good idea for people who would use it just so long as you loose the Gamerscore points from your total when removing said game from list to stop the aforementioned exploit.

• swakking420 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

thats a very dumb idea lol those trophies were meant to stick and show others the vast games you have played, my achievements are a testiment to my xbox life

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this Microsoft as some games have been deemed uncompleteable like Game Room where it's not even on the store. I want it and others removed my profile.

• Grant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A brilliant idea. One I've also thought about. It'll help out the OCD gamers and give everyone else better management over their own online profile. Can't see any downsides as long as the security is tight.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LOVE your Idea/Suggestion, I often thought about this too!

I used to play rented Xbox video game's via. Gamefly.com Earned an achievement for a game I didn't like, My gamerscore isn't correct... I agree with you 100%

Best Regards!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/