Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Gamer Profile

Allow Users To Remove Unwanted Achievements From Their Profile

Sometimes there is an old game or a game you tried for free on your profile with 1 or 2 achievements unlocked that you just want to remove but you cant it would be awesome if you guys gave us an option to remove games like this from our achievement history.

428 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

nikos1997 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is annoying..I have games on my achievement list that for the life of me I dont ever recall playing or even downloading.
        the option to hide 0% games is okay but why just hide them, why is there no option to simply remove them permanently?
        The games I have with 1 or 2% are the most annoying, come on Microsoft please give this option it cannot be that hard to implement this into the Xbox?

• Tomasz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Of course, removing the game would be great.
        because you have a few achievements that you do not want to see.
        how not removing total achievements is at least hiding achievements

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want this because I got an achievement for 2 gamerscore. Why would they even do that? It just bugs me and it wasn’t a fun game, I want to remove the achievement or even the whole game.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could also restrict the removal for games which has been played for 5 hours tops.

• Marcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I created 2 Reddit posts asking for reason why people would want this feature:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/9ty6av/for_xbox_gamers/

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/9txd1a/for_those_of_you_who_would_like_to_be_able_to/

I didn't get many responses, but it appears that, out of the ones that I received, that a majority of people want the feature, just to feel the thrill of earning it again. Which is a valid point. I don't believe any game developer makes a game for people to play only once. Games are supposed to be replayable. Part of the joy is looking back, and reliving the journey. So, I believe that if video games can be replayed, than players should have the ability to claim achievements through progression as well.

• Samantha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this. I love to complete games, and would like not only the option to remove a game I don't like where I might have tried, hated, and got one achievement, but also those games that I didn't get any achievements in. I would like my profile to reflect me as a gamer and this would really help clean up my profile.

Especially with games being remastered from Xbox 360 to One. I would love to start over and not work toward two different sets of achievements.

• Ángel Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just hide them but remove the achievements and all game data from a gamertag. Some games are impossible to complete or are straight up broken this feature would be perfect for completionist people like me and for people who would want to relieve the experience of playing an entire game without the need of creating a new account.

A way to prevent the abuse of this fearure could be asking for your pasword and asking twice every time you want to delete an entire game history. A safe code could be implemented with the Xbox app too.

• Ángel Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Microsoft. I've been looking for this for so long. It hurts no one and it should be easy to implement. Please bring us this feature and make the Xbox platform a more customizable one like Steam is on PC.

• Tyler Beechey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also add this would be good for people who want to re-experience games and reset the achievements to gain them all over again. Support.

• O Mr Crow O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is clutter in my ach. list that I cannot ever complete as the titles have been removed from the mkt.... There is an option to remove the game if you have NO ach. for it, but I would even take the 'hit' of 10-20+ GS OFF my profile just to remove the title. "You will remove 'GAME' from your profile and an associated ### GS will be removed from your profile." Most games force an 'intro' ach. on you before you even know if you will enjoy it.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a really great feature, particularly for people like myself who are completionists who have unobtainable and discontinued achievements that are no longer unlockable on their gamertags. Tons of games now have closed servers, discontinued achievements, broken leaderboards, and even achievements that were unobtainable from launch due to poor coding. Developers won't fix them and it's annoying to have so many games on your gamertag that you can't complete through no fault of your own.

Many of you may not care about this feature, but people who enjoy hunting achievements absolutely do. Let us remove these games from our tag. Maybe one per year, or three per year. Maybe charge a small fee to do it. But at least give us the option.

• Charlie Collins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's the reason why I use a dummy account for certain games, but that aside, I completely support this idea.

• Flynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to hide or in privacy settings select which games achievement history you wish to show on your profile. It’s ridiculous that you can’t hide 10 year old xbox 360 titles with 1 achievement that you don’t play anymore

• Flynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we could hide any game history no matter how many achievements and really clean up our profiles. So annoying when someone sees an xbox 360 backwards compatible game on my achievements and asks to play it when i deleted it ages ago

• Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have games with 1 achievement unlocked that a housemate played with out my permission or sign in to the wrong account

• wolfrik7377 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree in a sence but more of a hide option keep the achievements but hide it from other gamers we all have games we tried but didnt like

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/