Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Family Settings and Child Accounts

Allow Primary User of Family Account to Quickly Add Child Accounts to Console

I’d like for Xbox to recognize my family during setup (and maybe after too) and give me the option to add other members at the same time, similar to how Windows 10 does it.

53 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alejandro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sandy Beyko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently set up my son's xbox one and naturally chose my email account for the set up. Now my son's xbox gaming is connected to my personal account, with the same passwords and there is no way to transfer my son's gaming profile and previous games to a new email account unless I delete my personal email... I have had my personal email account for decades and want to keep it. Microsoft is compromising my personal identity safety and there must be a way to fix this simple problem. I wish that there was some easy instructional videos educating parents on how to set up kids gamer accounts separate from the parent's personal accounts. I have tried to get help from the Microsoft site and keep going in circles with the virtual assistant. This will become an increasing problem and I am very concerned that my son's xbox accounts are closely linked to my personal accounts, and a serious concern given the cybersecurity and hackers that can access parents information via the xbox live gaming system. The only option right now I to set up a new gametag, buy all the games again and start from fresh! I certaintly wish I had known this from the beginning before I set everything up, and we were excited to get his new games underway for his birthday present!

• joão Rocha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should remove the issue of sharing on the consoles of the same owner, because it does not make sense to have 3 consoles and 2 children, and not be able to share the accounts among everyone in the same house. If it's family, we should all be able to play at the same time.

• Nick Dorak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Setting up kids accounts is a terrible experience. Should be able to specify new account user/pass then be done.
        Currently having to login to each and click emails, then make credit card payment, is too complex. I spent over 30 minutes trying to go through this, getting one issue after another (miss typed pw, wrong region choose, couldn't find button for next step, etc.), and still couldn't complete the process. Think of the stress all while child is just excited to play and also using Xbox remote to enter user/pass. Current process is beyond terrible. Test yourself with a parent who is using Xbox for first time, guarantee there is no way they can figure this out.

• Matthew Newton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not possible? Under the current setup, it is, literally, impossible to lock an Xbox down. Seems like this is an obvious security setting that should be possible. If I want to restrict my Xbox from use, it should be easy to do, period.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/