Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Family Settings and Child Accounts

Allow Parents to Prevent All Downloads on Child Accounts

In family settings we need an option to disable downloads due to isp data caps. Kids now days are notorious for having the attention span of a gnat. Constantly deleting and downloading games puts a heavy strain on the data usage.

75 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steve shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jonathan brophy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

id like to extend this Applying this to Microsoft family setitngs to limit data per child account on the xbox.

• Josiah Leake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an adult who has an adult Xbox account, I want to a have a passkey restriction for not just purchasing apps but also for downloading the free ones as well. For me personally I don’t want to be tempted to download the internet apps and watch things a shouldn’t. Not only should this be implemented because of adults not wanting to be tempted to watch bad things, but also for children who use there parents account. The internet apps them selves can be put on strict mode but can easily be reversed without having to put a passkey in. Free app download restrictions should already be a feature but for me personally and for other people I’m hoping people see this and act on it.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the Microsoft Edge web browser blocked on my son's account, but discovered he can download another browser from the app store. My only option for blocking this seems to be to prevent purchases, but that still allows him to download free apps without requiring my password. It would be helpful to have an option to require parental permission for any download, whether it is free or costs money.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have my kid downloading all these free games and apps and filling up my Xbox. Please add an option to always ask for a passkey everytime downloading something new. Don't matter if it's free or purchase items.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally, children can download FREE apps without permission, so they have access to apps like YouTube without getting permission.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/