Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Family Settings and Child Accounts

Allow Parents to Prevent Specific Purchase Restrictions such as Backwards Compatible Titles

Children’s and teens accounts should be able to purchase Xbox 360 games on Xbox one. They can buy 18 certificate games but not pegi 3 games in the 360 market place.

68 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Au swayy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree a credit card should be needed to purchase a Xbox 360 game when you already use a giftcard

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the system should be changed so that child accounts are able to purchase Xbox 360 games, including GWG offerings on the Xbox One. This is frustrating for my family; fortunately we still have an Xbox 360 that the kids can use to get their games. However, this is a clunky workaround, and not an option for everyone. Given how much importance Microsoft is placing on backward compatibility for Xbox, they should really strive to make purchasing back catalog titles as easy as current-gen titles.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, child accounts can not purchase any Xbox 360 game via the Xbox One nor Xbox.com. The only way is via the Xbox360. This does not make sense.

• Kieran Freeman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently Microsoft will not block or suspend your account from purchases (obviously because it's a big money maker) but there should be an option to freeze accounts for a set period where you cannot purchase from the store or in game purchases such as Fifa, as you can easily get hooked buying points and with the freeze option once frozen you have to wait until the time has elapsed and there isn't a way around it. I know a person who recently spent £900 on fifa points and got himself into debt so there needs to be control. The option should give you options to choose how many weeks or months you wish to freeze it and this would also allow parents to prevent their children from purchasing on their card without realising. Please vote for this and Microsoft please implement this

• Steve Hempsall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not add the credit to your account then send him the credit. Then he would definitely need you permission.

If he wants to buy a DLC for £9.99 you send him the £10.

• Phil Gibbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My 11 year old son recently got his first Xbox. He also got some vouchers and credit put in his Microsoft account totalling approx £60. I selected on the parental controls that 'all' purchases needed approval. He also thought when he purchased anything I would need to give permission first. The plan was to spend the credit slowly so he learnt to manage his spending. Before I knew it though he'd spent the lot on Fortnite v-bucks! The reason for this was it actually seems the parental approval does not apply when there is credit in their account, so the term 'all' as mentioned earlier is not true. I'm not happy with this as it denies me as a parent any control over when and how that credit is spent or helping my son learn money management. There needs to be a further option of approving all purchases including any credit. It's still real money after all.

The term ALL must mean ALL not just most.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/