Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Family Settings and Child Accounts

Add ability to block ALL apps, including Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge cannot be blocked like other apps can. This allows access to the internet and blocking options within the app are insufficient and do not adequately protect kids from inappropriate material.

95 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I particularly don't like mixer . Users should be able to remove this from profiles of children.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I'd like to be able to block certain games and apps on my parent/adult account, or require my passcode to open or download them. My son has a child account, but it won't let him play multiplayer in games like Black Ops 4, Battlefield 5 or Rainbow 6 Siege because the developer/publisher restricts it based on his age. I made the decision to let him play the multiplayer in those games, so he uses an adult account quite a bit. I just don't want him free access to YouTube, the Edge Browser and other more mature games.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have an option to require a password or passkey to open an internet browser application on a primary or parent account.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that i should be able to block or remove the edge browser app. We will likely get rid of our xbox due to this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/