Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Family Settings and Child Accounts

Allow Parental control over Club access

I have discovered that there are several public groups that contain graphic content. For example, a quick search of "trending groups" includes several anime groups with very ****** pictures on their feeds, and a couple of "**** women" groups with similar content. Whether or not a family member is allowed to join a group, he can still easily access this content.

I changed my son's privacy settings to see created content from friends only, which solved the access problem. These clubs can still be viewed, but their feeds now say that no one has posted anything. Unfortunately it also prevents him from being able to play Fortnite, which apparently contains community content within the game.

It seems to me that a simple solution would be to update the family settings to allow for an option where clubs could only be viewed with permission from the parent account. That way the content settings could be changed but these public clubs would still not be accessible. Is something like that possible?

39 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/