Accepting Ideas - Family Settings & Child Accounts

Vote and comment on ideas for improving Family Settings. Team Xbox is constantly improving our options for managing family settings. We would like your input on what settings or features would help you keep members of your family protected while everyone still has fun playing games!

• Time management – what are the different ways you would like to be able to set screen time limits and report activity?
  • Permissions – how would you manage access for a member of your household to specific apps or games?
  • Settings – what additional settings would you like to see?

If you have a new idea that is not yet visible in the list below, please use the search box to double-check before submitting a new idea. Submitted ideas go into a queue and reviewed for clarity, language, and impact.

Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Family Settings and Child Accounts

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Lock Xbox One with Main Profile and PIN

Allow the primary owner of the Xbox One to force their profile to load on boot, if a PIN number is used to lock the main account the Xbox will be locked for all users until the primary user enters their PIN.

42 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow Adult Accounts to Approve Child Account Requests Remotely

Having multiple xbox one's in our household makes using parental controls frustrating. If I am using my xbox one and my child needs my approval to use netflix for example, i am required to sign in on his xbox temporarily to approve such activities which then signs me out of my xbox and kicks me off whatever I was doing. Allowing an adult account to sign in to their childs xbox without kicking the adult off their own console would be greatly beneficial.

11 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • My Games & Apps Should Only Show Approved Games for Child Accounts

Can an option be added to hide all age restricted games on the Xbox when a child logs in.

If a parent logs in as well, then they could allow/unhide a game if it is not showing up.

9 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        2 Next →
        • Don't see your idea?

Accepting Ideas - Family Settings & Child Accounts

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
        • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
        • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
        • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/