Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Xbox App on Mobile

Push Notifications for Game & System Updates

I have three Xboxes at my house and I think it would be great if the Xbox Smartphone App would notify me about the status of Updates and Installs on each console and give me some kind of control. Also it would be great to actually start a System Update from the Smartphone App

Notifications & Interactions on Smartphone

System Updates ready to install - Do it yes/no

1b. System Update done

App & Game Updates

2. Install of App/Game has started

2b Install of App/Game has finished

179 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

rosenkrieger shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stefanou Giannis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This fuctionallity comes with the new xbox game pass app, please merge the 2 apps. It will be good to have all in one app

• Francisco González commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it possible to see the progress of an update or a download of a game through the Xbox app?
        Let's just say I just bought a new game which is quite heavy. I'd like to let it download on the background while I do something else (anything, on my laptop, out with some friends etc). It would be nice to see the progress or at least a notification that lets me know if the download is finished.

• NG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really love this feature (ability to initiate and check on status of downloads) - in fact this is the main thing I'd actually desire from the Xbox app. The larger game installs can take up to 1 day with my internet speeds - it's a pitb to have to keep switching on the tv + console (or initiate screen share) just to find out this information.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/