Find and vote and comment on ideas for expanding the Xbox licensed hardware lineup.

Support for USB Microphones on the Console

I want to be able to use a USB microphone on the console, and Xbox should either produce or support the use of these types of devices.

146 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminGuru Kronos (Admin, Xbox) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • kugeliuotasis kugelis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use keyboard and mouse and I use G933 headset it has usb adapter, so I cant use it, insted i use cable to controller, and it shuts down every 15mins, so i have play music thru VLC to prevent controller off, we need more headsets support thru usb, since aux output is only in controllers!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want to use my razer krakens on the xbox. even switch supports usb headsets, SWITCH!! please xbox step up your game

The community has been asking for this support for years. Please, Microsoft, take off the chains. Allow for USB Headphone and mic compatibility. PLEASE.

since, there is possible to play games on xbox with keyboard and mouse many users gets this kind of problems: "where is the oudio autput? how to use voice chat? U can't use controller oudio output since its turn off when you don't use it after 15min. So there is hudge hole, basicaly if you play with keyboard and mouse you have to use headset via USB. Great example logitech G933 wireless headphones, they use usb adapter for the wireless connection and they are suported wirelesly by PC/PS4
        and XB(only via 3,5mm aoudio jack via controller).

• Dee Sargent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah usb headsets should be supported I'd love to use my razor kraken tournament edition usb on my xbox for thx mode

• Christina Price commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I read somewhere that if not built in to console, then USB supported microphones would somehow be helpful for the new Alexa skill integration and/or Cortana.

• Austin Bean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just microphones, but USB headset audio too! I just recently experienced my 7.1 headset through USB on my computer and then switched back to a standard AUX jack through the controller. It just felt like a major step backwards. The capabilities of my headset is diminished without USB.

Yes. If xbox is serious about adopting mouse and keyboard support, USB headsets are critical and would incentive current PC users to consider Xbox consoles.

I should update so that the xbox one x accepts Bluetooth headsets like the G933 logitech that is wirelessly powered by usb, is something that is extremely important for many users

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/