Find and vote and comment on ideas for expanding the Xbox licensed hardware lineup.

Update the Media Remote with More Functionality

Users want to be able to easily navigate the dashboard without a controller, and the current official Media Remote needs an update.

60 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminGuru Kronos (Admin, Xbox) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Christina Price commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

they should redesign it altogethers. i find myself always having to use second hand to navigate the remote....the most important buttons are up top n too far away for easy use in my hand (majority of users are rightys. i cant speaks for leftys but the distance should still be same issue). The FireTV remote is great example (3rd & 4th Gen) of one handed, hours long useage with perfect weight and ability to use thumb to click buttons and navigate circular wheel button without having to look down and/or slide hand up or down to find buttons quickly. This seems weird but there are simply lots of folks out there that are media philes and a bad remote design will offput them from a purchase entirely. i met a few lol. Ergonomics is key with em. Anyways i love the feel of the remote with the rubber tops and the cool light...just swap those 2 sections. Middle where common grip is at and play/rewind/pause section of buttons maybe. And please never make them strictly all plastic, for the love of Pete.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/