Find and vote and comment on ideas for expanding the Xbox licensed hardware lineup.

Xbox Should Develop a Single Handed Controller

My wife and I have a daughter who loves to game but only has the use of her left arm and she is tired of the original Wii. She wants an Xbox One after we saw the capability of the new adaptive controller. But as I started looking at controllers compatible with the adaptive Xbox controllers and didn’t find anything I thought would completely suffice for one handed use. One of the biggest problems I can foresee is that newer games require the use of both joysticks at the same time, but there is only one thumb per hand and operating another joystick with a different finger seemed problematic. But out of options compatible with that Xbox controller I did see a flight simulator joystick style controller and it dawned on me, that joystick looks to have a thumb joystick on top and then the whole body of the flight simulator can act like a second joystick. In all the searching I’ve done everyone has been trying to adapt a two handed controller for one hand and we should’ve been taking single handed controllers like flight simulators and adapting them better.

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gamepads/extreme-3d-pro-joystick.html

The above link is the one compatible with Xbox adaptive controller, it looks to already have a top or thumb joystick and four buttons around said joystick. When talking about Xbox controllers, aside from the start and menu buttons they have a total of 8 buttons (including triggers). If the above joystick already has 4 buttons by the thumb joystick then only another four buttons are needed readily accessible. What if we took the trigger mechanism out of the flight simulator and put four buttons running down the side of the flight simulator where your natural grip places your fingertips, so each of you four fingers wrapped around it would have easy access to its own button. That should give ability to move two joysticks at the same time and easy access to 8 buttons.

I haven’t seen anything online like what I’ve thought up. What do you think?

29 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/