Find, Vote and Comment on ideas for the Game Bar on PC.

Let Users Voice and Chat via Text Directly Through Game Bar

Let me use game bar to do party chat as well as send text messages to my friends.

171 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminGuru Kronos (Admin, Xbox) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kevyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pressing the Xbox Button on PC should bring up the same menu as Pressing the Xbox Button on XBO. Quick access to Friends, Party, Chat, Achievements, and more.

Thais would allow for seamless Voice and Text chat.

• Tricky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users to enable/disable push to talk while in party chat on the Xbox app and in game chat while in games.

• Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently when a friend request is received while playing a Microsoft Store game, it is sent to the Action Centre and you must switch away from the game to accept it. This is difficult to do when using a controller.

• Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be great to have a party chat overlay similar to what Xbox One currently has.

• Benjamin Strung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently players have to navigate through the Xbox App->Friends Tab->Open Friends Profile->Scroll Down->Click Join Game just to join a friend's lobby in a game. Having easy access that can be brought up by just pressing the guide button would be a godsend.

• Benjamin Strung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently when inviting a player to a game, either the game has to implement some shortcut functions to make the above easier, or the player has to navigate to the Xbox App, then the Friends Tab, then click the friend they want details of, then scroll down, then click the join friend button. It should be a much faster procedure, like having a friends list visible on the right-side notifications bar and clicking that for a short drop-down with "Invite to game" or "Join Game in Progress".

• StAASN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox Live friends list, achievements, messages, and party chat should all be in the Windows 10 Game Bar to reach parity with the Xbox Guide.

Currently, I have to keep the Xbox app open to view or interact with any of these options, and that involves switching from game to app constantly.

• Gareth Johnstone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basically the xbox UWP application but as an overlay so when i press the xbox button on my controller i can access friends, achievements and messages etc.

• Chris Hughes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The addition of Push to talk, auto transmit on voice activity and the ability to adjust party members mic volumes would be a massive QOL improvement.

• SRS13Rastus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create a text chat overlay that doesn't remove messages too fast for you to read the text,
        The current messaging system causes stuttering in games (when the message appears and also when it disappears).
        The messages all disappear so fast you have to ALT-TAB out of the game and can get you booted from lobbies or worse cause system crashes.
        Most players I know do NOT use voice chat as it's distracting at best and grossly annoying at worst. By using text chat you are forced to THINK before posting possibly offensive comments (tired of hearing kids screaming abuse at people....)

• Florian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no good out of the box solution to voice-communicate and chat with friends while gaming. Either separate Xbox party chat from the Xbox app and expand its functionality or let me use discord to connect to friends on other platforms. The Xbox app currently lets me access my Xbox life on pc... but not the other way around.

• Curtis Beck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Essentially update the windows gaming guide to be similar to the one found on the Xbox One. The idea of the overlay is nice, but the current one does not provide any options useful to me. Additionally, improve controller support in this overlay.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I'm playing cross play platform games I always wanted to have Xbox party on Windows notification bar and my friend list too.

Xbox App on Windows 10 curently requires you to be taken out of the game to interact with it's interface, like for example accepting a friend request or using the chat. It would be much better and less intrusive to allow the app on windows to be accessed while ingame without the need to tab out.

Xbox App on Windows 10 curently requires you to be taken out of the game to interact with it's interface, like for example accepting a friend request or using the chat. It would be much better and less intrusive to allow the app on windows to be accessed while ingame without the need to tab out.

Make it possible that the players can talk by voice during a game without additional tools such as TeamSpeak!

• EnderXen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of having just a barebone PC Gamebar, implement the Xbox Guide instead which will give access to a friend & club list, group management, capture & sharing, achievement tracking, quick settings, etc

Allow for push to talk and voice activation thresholds. I'm tired of hearing everyone breathing...

• Dorian Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to do things like mute yourself unless you go in the party section and press mute is a bit annoying at times. Allowing you to bind keys to do things like that could be really helpful.

• Rob K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring the Xbox Live interface to pc. That way you have the party system, groups, clubs, and the posting ability to link up with others needed for a game. This system should be able to scan the pc for all games regardless of launcher and present you with a view and interface of them almost exactly like Xbox Live does. Just tweak it a little so keyboard and mouse navigation is just as easy as controller in this setting.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/