Find, Vote and Comment on ideas for the Game Bar on PC.

Make the Game Bar Display a PC Performance Overlay

I want to be able to see my CPU, RAM, GPU utilization etc as an overlay on my screen similar to RTSS, EVGA Precision X, etc. Should be easy to just pull the stats that you have in W10 task manger.

293 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful that playing games from the windows store that in the "Game bar app" this is an option to turn on frame rate as currently as far as am aware there is not option for this to be turned on. It would be very handy. And could be displayed whilst in game.

• Tomas Bohunek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thermal sensors are a standard thing for a long time. While there are many third party programs, what if Task manager could do that already, including a warning about running too hot?

• chukymaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this existed, last year on the Windows 10 insider preview they deployed a version of the gamebar with extended information, like framerate, cpu/gpu/ram usage and even graphs. they removed it a month later and gave no more info on why they removed it.

• chukymaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

back on the insider preview we got a xbox gamebar with tons of useful info. like temps, processor and gpu speed and framerates, all of these were removed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let us pin the information also on the screen while playing, so we can monitor the data.

This feature was once included in a insider-build, but removed due to user feedback.

• Hüseyin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are always do Ctrl+Alt+Del for task manager. I need to see this information in my desktop screen

• Bernd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Windows 10 Taskmanager is already much better than in Windows 7. I would like to see some more Information:
        1) I can see only the latest 4 Minutes. I would like to see the option to scroll back at least 30 Minutes.
        2) I would like to the the Temperature of CPU and GPU
        3) I would like to see additional to 0-100% the Values, the Scale of GB / GHZ / etc.

Add hardware/performance monitoring overlays when gaming and implement APIs so that OEMs can offer some native hardware controls

Add hardware/performance monitoring overlays when gaming and implement APIs so that OEMs can offer some hardware controls

• Evgeniy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

System monitor, that will show hardare temp, frequency etc. during the game
        Then this monitor can see which part of hardware is overloaded and should be upgraded and gives such recomendations.
        For example if a pc has enough ram and good videocard, but during the game the cpu is always at 90-100% (and game is lagging), it should recommend to upgrade cpu.

• Mateusz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am missing an simple overlay with performance preview and information about the FPS quantity

• ET3D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be nice if Windows included a tool similar to MSI Afterburner, which could report a lot of system and performance data overlayed on a game and help control fans, voltages, etc.

There are third party utilities and there are tools inside drivers, but Microsoft could work together with the chip makers to allow the drivers to give Windows control and perhaps even add hardware-specific plugins for further functionality.

Making this standard functionality would help open up this kind of performance tweaking and monitoring to more people.

• Dultimate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of having to download a 3rd party program, why not just have Window's built in task manager be able to overlay in games and programs so you can see what's being used and at what temp

give windows a native game performance overlay. like many proprietary ones showing cpu, gpu, ram, and thermals. Basically a more comprehensive translucent task manager for games

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A non-invasive overlay that could display gaming critical system information at a glance anywhere in Windows.

• Kurama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Добавьте игровой оверлей где можно посмотреть потребление, отрыть браузер ещё например и всё это не закрывая или не сворачивая игры, ещё чтобы там была возможность заглушения звуков и какая нибудь кнопка сбоку как на рабочем столе чтобы при наведении окна становились прозрачными и можно было увидеть что там в игре происходит. Он нужен для того чтобы было чем заняться если игрок умер и ждёт следующего раунда, я например сворачиваю игру но для того чтобы её развернуть нужно время если она на весь экран и может быть непонятно когда начался следующий раунд ведь приходится постоянно игру открывать а я люблю видео в YouTube посмотреть ожидая.
        + в Windows 10 появились уведомления которые тоже можно добавить в оверлей
        ~Думаю с оверлеем популярность браузера Eagle возрастёт если его нельзя будет изменить
        И если кратко что мы имеем (Что на моё мнение должно там быть):
        -Браузер
        -Панель отображения нагрузки на систему + предупреждения о большой нагрузке или температуре
        -Уголок при наведении на который оверлей станет прозрачным
        -Уведомления (Не всплывающие)
        -Секундомер показывающий как много игрок играет и когда больше 2ч он становится красным говоря о том что стоит уже и отдохнуть
        -Skype если тот запущен
        -Время
        -Раскладка клавиатуры
        -При записи видео встроенной функцией Windows 10 оверлей не должен быть виден

Конечно идей ещё много и не только про оверлей но вот это я считаю самое важное что должно быть в оверлее и наличие самого оверлея в целом, чтобы всё было в одном оверлее.
        Я снимаю видео через Shadow Paly для себя, у Steam, в Uplay, Discord у всех свои оверлеи что аж в клавишах путаешься.
        Игр много, опыта много и вот оверлея очень не хватает

P.s. сделайте рабочую комбинацию Alt+F4. Я сколько раз не пытался ей закрыть игру она всегда не работает

• TGLT Clutch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, I don't want to be forced to use msi afterburner. For some weird reason it reads my GPU clock way higher than stock(200mhz above boost)

• Antagonist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be quite useful to see the FPS of any game you are running (much like Steam does), as well as CPU and GPU usage and temperature and other system details. You could also log these details in an app and compare performance between games to help find bottlenecks in your PC.

• Richard Gullberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows should track in-game performance and display in a specific dashboard. In addition to general information and evaluation against similar systems, individual game sessions should be possible to drill down into and display as a performance timeline correlated to e.g. windows events and their cpu/memory usage.
        This way any perceived interference or issues can easily be tracked to the root cause. E.g. find the time when fps dropped below 40 fps and see what happened in other parts of the system at the time.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/