Find, Vote and Comment on ideas for the Game Bar on PC.

Add a Battery Indicator for Connected Controllers

Since (by default) the Game Bar takes away the button that shows the controller's battery status, you should show it in the Game Bar when appropriate.

354 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael Miller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Viktor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A warning about the low battery is an essential feature that is somehow missing. We had it with the 360 controller, the logo would start flashing when battery was about to die but X One scrapped the idea. Why?

I play a lot of games from my couch and when a controller goes off due to an empty battery, I can only pray that I'll get to my keyboard in time to pause it before something gets me.

• Vadim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, how did no one thought about it in MS?!
        There is no native way to tell the controller's battery charge if you are not connected via USB to PC.
        I had to use third party custom mini app from github to see an icon with that info.
        Even better would be to just use the controller's logo light to tell me that info. Maybe by dimming or by changing light to red or something.

• Sauced Saturn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would say allow you to overlay it like the chat and choose where you want to put it on the screen

• Dasch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When connecting a controller with play&charge kit there should be an icon on taskbar indicating battery level. Simple as that, no 3rd party applications to show how my battery feels right now.

• David Coe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Show an on-screen low battery warning when an Xbox One controller is about to lose power. The Xbox 360 controller had rotating lights to indicate when the controller was about to die, the Xbox One controller just stops working with no warning.

• Keefer Tech commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful if we could have controller battery levels added to the Game Bar. When pressing the Xbox button on the controller it brings up the game bar window with helpful and useful info. Battery levels need to be added to that so we can know were the battery levels are before starting a game.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox controller needs visuals to easily see the charge of the controller, with a warning telling you when it's low.

• abdulhkeem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i get really immersed in a game and forget about the controller and it's battery altogether when i saw the xbox accessories app made a return i was expecting to have a battery indicator that will pop-up when i press the guide button on the controller just like it was in the xbox 360 controller, but got disappointed it was not there, please add this a.s.a.p

• Josue Ferrer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be really helpful if when i press the xbox button on my controller if the gui that popped up and a batter level indicator was shown.

• DOG BOY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes this needs to happen there is currently no way to check battery level since the xbox accessories software has changed!!?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A great idea. Maybe the controller could inform of the battery status flashing the light if the level is low

• Dmitry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Title says it all. A charge indicator for gaming peripherals like gamepads in the Gamebar. Right now there's no easy way to know charge level of a device like Xbox One Controller. An option to check the charge in-game by opening GameBar would be most welcome.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/