Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Gaming on Windows 10

Allow Users to Stream from their PC to their Xbox Console

Since I can stream my console to my PC, I should also be able to stream my PC to my Xbox One console without latency.

1,578 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminGuru Kronos (Admin, Xbox) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mullen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One reason I prefer to play game on my Xbox over my gaming PC (which is much more powerful) is that I can't play with my big 4k TV and home theater easily (they are in different rooms and long distance HDMI is not cheap solution). If I could stream to Xbox One (while still keep 4k and low latency, could require wired network connection), that would be best of both world.

Along with that, I also hope that I don't need to input my password or pin every time as well if I just play the game from Xbox (that says, I have HDMI connected between PC and TV, but I still don't like to use PC for gaming because I need to find keyboard to login every time).

• Justin Wassem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would slive the issue we have on Xbox Insider that we can use a keyboard in Edge but no mouse. I would not mind using the PC to stream games to Xbox. I would more likely use it to stream Office Online and Google Chrome instead. No new coding required. Just a process reversal.

• whitechapel8733 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be at the very top. It is much easier for someone to upgrade their gaming desktop to the latest and greatest hardware than it is their Xbox, however the Xbox is just a better platform for the living room. Bridge the gap by allowing us to use the power of our PC's in the living room with the great UI that Xbox has to access our games.

• Jevgenij Kriv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox should be able at least to stream Play Anywhere games from a PC.

If a PC has a Play Anywhere game installed and both devices are in the same network Xbox should be able to "pick up" the game from the PC and stream it on your TV.

This way you can:
        1) Safe some disk space on your Xbox, while offloading games on your PC.
        2) Play for ex Forza Horizon 4 at 60 fps on a regular Xbox one s if your PC is powerful enough.

• Cullen Gilfillan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to this allow it to stream over a local network. For example: Pc in the study can stream to Xbox in the bedroom over a local gigabit network, not needing the internet

• Steven Wyant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would only say yes to this if you can have access to the hold pc not just one part of it for ex. don't make it where we have to open the windows store and click stream to Xbox

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Steam does this with the Steam Link and while I don't expect there to be a native Steam Link app on Xbox, Xbox should have it's own solution for streaming from Windows PC.

yes i purchased hundreds of games on my pc that i would love to be able to play on my X1X

This should have been done from the beginning instead I'm using a Steam Box. I don't want 30 streaming devices if I could use my XBox for all of it that would make it the definitive living room media device and gaming console. The only thing it's missing right now is this feature and better direct play performance with Plex. Native X265, HVEC, and 4k formats are my next want from my XBox.

• Luka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't limit it to Xbox. Streaming to a second device (Xbox, laptop, Android tablet, Android TV, etc), in a way that eg AMD has done. But make it a "standard", do all device makers can participate, no matter the CPU/GPU on either side

And let us Stream the games in 4K.
        And maybe not just to the Xbox but to our Tablets too.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is actually a great idea (seriously though Microsoft please add this I want to be able to play my PC games on my living room TV).

• Adam Underwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Implement functionality in the Xbox app in Windows that would allow it to stream games from the PC to the Xbox.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/