Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Gaming on Windows 10

Make it Easier to Customize Controller Mapping via the Xbox Accessories App on PC

It would be nice if the process to customize controls was easier on PC, as the current process takes too long.

1,222 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminGuru Kronos (Admin, Xbox) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Phoenix Liberty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create a dedicated Controller-mapping Application or integrate Controller-mapping into a dedicated Microsoft Gaming App.

Allow mapping:
        1. Mouse Movements and Mouse Buttons to a Controller.
        2. Keyboard controls to a Controller.
        3. Both Keyboard & Mouse to a Controller.
        4. Controller Controls to a Keyboard
        5. Controller Controls to a Mouse and Mouse Buttons
        6. Controller Controls to Both a Mouse and Keyboard
        7. Controller Controls to Touchscreen On-screen Buttons
        8. Keyboard Controls to Touchscreen On-screen Buttons
        9. Map the Cursor follow Kinect (Xbox One) Movements and Custom On-screen Controls
        10. Control the Cursor with PlayStation Move and Map MouseButtons/Keyboard to PlayStation Move Buttons
        11. Smartphone On-screen Controls
        Peripherals:
        12. Lightguns
        13. Swords
        14. Fight Gloves
        15. Dancemats
        16. Guitars
        17. Racing Wheels and Pedals
        18. etc

• Thomas Kersten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the option to the windows controller drivers (like XBox Controller), where you can set a deadzone globally for all games. A deadzone prevents the left drift for analog sticks, where the stick does not center properly. The deadzone is a square around the center position in which all true inputs are mapped to the center, and unwanted drifts do not occur anymore.

The settings panel for that should allow to set the size of the square of the deadzone. And ideally visualize the effect of that size. See durazno^2 for an example.

Currently steam supports such a setting. And durazno^2 enables the same, but it has to be a compatible game and dll files have to be copied to apply the changes.

For details see:
        durazno^2 tut - https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/7n1rrt/can_somebody_please_explain_to_me_how_to_use/dryei23
        durazno^2 download - http://kalma.kapsi.fi/rldurazno/
        duranzo (predecessor) - https://github.com/KrossX/Durazno

• Henner Thomsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some games don't accept specific keys for input - especially keys from the number pad area are problematic. But not everyone is able or wants to use WASD (and some non-English keyboard layouts aren't suitable for this). Third-party software to change the keyboard layout exists, but is very complicated and doesn't work reliably. A built-in Windows function to change keyboard bindings for specific programs/games would be very helpful - something similar to the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator from 2007 (which doesn't work anymore).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A Macro program that will allow us to set macros per game including Keyboard colors, Screen settings, Hardware settings and Keyboard & Mouse macros.

• Suleman Khokhar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On top of this, can we please get some added expansion and functionality to windows mouse keys?
        The ability to move the mouse a certain number of pixels or a certain distance (without holding control). The ability to program a key to do multiple things, i.e. move the mouse and click.

I'm aware that you can do that with other software but I would really like a windows implementation of it. It really should be there anyway since mouse keys is meant to be an accessibility feature.

• Alejandro Pichardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the user via an app or driver update to keybind the Xbox controllers, not just keybind to controller buttons and functions, but to keyboard ones. As an extra, add separate keybindings to the Xbox One Elite Controller so the paddles can be used as extra buttons.

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create a first party tool to allow people to remap or disable keys on their keyboard so that they do not have to do it for each game, a feature some games do not even have. Features like a button to change mouse sensitivity could be part of this.

Add the keyboard with remapped buttons as another language input so that it can be enabled and disabled with (windows + space)

• Rafael Campos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order to use the Home button on an Xbox One Controller to open another services such as Steam, the option in Settings "Open Game bar using this button on a controller: Home" has to be disabled. Allowing for both applications to listen to the button would allow for more customization options for users that use both Steam and the Game Bar.

• NFI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

allow me to disable usb input devices eg joysticks with either a hot key, button or an application profile.

the amount of games that i can't play when i have my fly sim gear plugged in is quite high forza horizon being one of them. worst thing is if i do unplug them if i want to use them again i need to restart my pc after i plug them in.

extremely annoying, now i do have a large number of devices listed below you could understand why if i open a game and find it conflicting i won't bother unplugging i will just find a different game.

mouse,keyboard duh, trackIR (head tracking), tm16000 (joy stick), x56 (stick and throttle), combat pro pedals and a xbox one controller

• Ivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are a lot of games that do not support controller input, but could be made compatible by the ability to map keyboard buttons/mouse gestures to our controllers.

Steam provides great controller customisation capabilities for a wide range of controllers... but even non-Steam games need to be launched from Steam. It would be great if Windows provided native capabilities to do the same, including support of different controllers (Xbox, PS, Switch, etc)

Currently, the Xbox One chatpad is supported in Windows, but functionality is extremely limited. It should be possible to bind the X1 and X2 keys to special functions (e.g calling up the users favourite in-game overlay, starting recording or streaming etc etc). There should be a key for starting mouse emulation mode, when this is engaged the controller moves the mouse pointer.

This would make the chatpad a true replacement for the keyboard and mouse, rather than the very limited implementation we currently have.

Please let me map other keyboard keys to my Elite Controller.
        Such an expensive controller, yet can only map the X,Y,A, and B buttons to the paddles and triggers.

• Fitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be native support for this instead of having to use XPadder or other similar, third party software.

Some cheaper controllers other than xbox are discovered by Windows 10, but not visible in games. You need to use external tools to map that controller so it is discoverable in game.

• Aaron M Fisher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even better to be able to remap controls as keyboard and mouse functions. Built in functionality similar to the cool stuff in steam controller stuff would be great.

• Andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the moment, for some older games or games without controller support, you have to install a 3rd party "Controller to keyboard mapping" software.

Mouse movement could be mapped to any of the analog sticks for example.

It would be great, if it's possible to allow this mapping directly within Windows 10 via Xbox Controller Settings App.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/