Find and vote for your favorite ideas for Gaming on Windows 10

Allow Users to Set Multiple Keyboards & Mice as Inputs on Windows

Currently multiple keyboards & mice cannot be used at the same time. A utility where you could assign multiple keyboards & mice as separate controllers would be very useful and give more reason for developers to create split screen games for PC

215 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Techxorcist shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Greg Trone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to use multiple xbox controllers or mouse and keyboard setups on one PC for xbox store and other PC marketplace games would be beneficial for people who have their PC plugged into a tv or have a rig strong enough to do multi-monitor setups. I'd love to play gears of war 4 or Boarderlands in couch co-op.

Streamers and power users with multiple monitor setups would also benifit since certain programs can be a pain to move the mouse between monitors

• Owen Sobel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basically it would allow 2 or more keyboard and mouse/controller inputs, and 2 or more monitor outputs.

So more then one person could play games on the same computer at the same time!

Also hopefully windows would allow more efficient use of resources, IE
        if there are 2 GPUs installed they both would be used.

• Owen Sobel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is just what I wanted. It would be nice to see the ability to use more then one monitor as well.

• Victor Custodio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must!! We are tired of being forced to play online, we should be capable of playing in split screen !!! With controlers or keyboards/mices at our own discretion.

• Pierre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These separate keyboards should also be allowed to be set to different mappings : individual keyboard layouts, individual controller configs and so on.

• Nexus71c commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would actually be quite simple to set up too! If you look in Device Manager, you can already see it shows each device. So, if there's a program that can set each to a different ID or player, we're good!

• Moros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I remember this being a thing in the early 2000s, I think. The focus was on sharing PCs in office environments but the whole thing died in its infancy when office computers became more affordable. It would be an interesting addition, though, if only to be able to use a gaming mouse and a netflix mouse for parallel entertainment. ;)

• abdullatifyalcinkaya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know how much people will want this, i don't know even idea is possible think but it will be nice playing 2 game on same time i can hear people will say use Alt+Tab option or play games on Windowed mode but real split screen can help to much if you wanna play 2 games on same time, other think is when thinks comes co-op split screen games i know there is not to much alternatives for co-op splipt screen games but instead of Keyboard + Gamepad it will be nice to play co-op games Keyboard + Keyboard if it's possible to add Secondary Keyboard and mouse support for thoose games that can even bring back co-op fun and maybe it will convince game producers make more split screen co-op games for today

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to plug multiple controllers and sign-in with different accounts on each one like it's possible on Xbox. This should enable us to play games in split screen mode (like Minecraft).

Feedback and Knowledge Base

About This Site

Xbox Ideas is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a feature suggestion, it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

• What happened to Xbox Feedback? Start here.
      • Got a question about Xbox Ideas? Go here.
      • Check out the UserVoice Privacy Policy.
      • Need help with your Xbox experience? Find support information at http://support.xbox.com/